Author Topic: Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work will not install?  (Read 5889 times)

Offline llnguyen

• Nooboo
Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work will not install?
« on: April 07, 2015, 05:24:06 AM »
Hi everyone,

I can't seem to get Outdoor Retreat or Get to Work to install.  When I go to the "My Packs" menu that was added with the latest update, it says that I own both of them and when I hover over their photos it says "when this pack has finished downloading, restart the sims 4 to install it" but when I go to the "i" menu for each game in Origin to "install" the game Origin says it's already installed!  I've tried to "repair" the base game, Outdoor Retreat, and Get to Work all together and separately.  I've "checked for updates" for each and also all together.  I've even completely uninstalled Origin and all the games and re-downloaded and installed them again, but nothing has changed.

The base game, Outdoor Retreat, and Get to Work files are all in the C drive together and everything looks as it should, but the contents just aren't in the game! 

Can anyone provide a possible solution that could help me? Or even another way to troubleshoot that I haven't already done?

I've searched all over the EA forums and Origin customer service didn't help me, they told me to do everything I've already done.

Thanks everyone for reading and helping!  :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work will not install?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 03:12:53 PM »
Hi llnguyen,

I'm not quite sure why the packs aren't installing, but here's a few things you may want to try:

1.) Uninstall Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work

Uninstall/Reinstall the Game (HowTo)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401673.html#msg401673

----
2.) Delete the Origin's cache files

Delete Origin Cache Files (HowTo)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401663.html#msg401663

----
3.) Run Ccleaner and it's registry cleaner
- https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download (Standard Edition is Free)
-- This helps clean up temporary files, internet cache files and other files that are left behind that are no longer being used.

----
4.) Reinstall the game and packs. To see if that helps. If it doesn't it may be something with Origin, and if you don't have a lot of Origin games, back up your games using the link below:

Topic: How-To: Backup and Restore The Sims 4 From Origin Downloader
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21193.0.html

Then uninstall Origin, run CCleaner registry cleaner again, reboot and try re-installing Origin and your game(s) to see if that works.

Unfortunately, there's not a repair Origin function like there is with the games...

Hope this helps, and Welcome to the forum!! :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline llnguyen

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 07:57:55 AM »
Thank you MrsFlynn for your reply.

I tried all of your suggestions and they didn't work so I don't know what else to do.

I contacted EA/Origin again and they were not helpful at all, just repeated the same troubleshooting tips that they told me the first time I contacted them :(

I feel cheated.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 08:14:29 AM »
What contents are you checking to see if it has installed or not?

Offline llnguyen

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 11:32:01 PM »
Hi Dellena,

Thank you for your reply.

I've gone into the C drive of my computer and the contents for the two packs, Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work are in there along with all the files for the base Sims 4 game.

The weird thing is Outdoor Retreat was installed and working prior to my purchasing Get to Work; after downloading and "installing" Get to Work and the last Origin update was when it went away.  Then when I started playing with one of my previous families, I got a window upon opening the household that "old items included in a game pack have been removed because they're no longer available" or something along those lines.  However, on the "my packs" menu added after the last update it says I own all of the game packs and expansion pack but they're opaque rather than solid in color and it says to quit the Sims 4 after they're finished downloading to install them but I've done that numerous times.  In addition, I performed every suggestion MrsFlynn advised me to do previously in this post.

I've also contacted EA and they have told me to uninstall everything and reinstall, which I had already done before I even contacted them so needless to say, they weren't very helpful.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 11:55:31 PM »
Hi llnguyen,

As I was editing a couple of the tip files I came across your new post and a light blub went off in my head. *Snicker* Thanks to a couple key words. - Basically greyed out and can't play.

Have you tried any of the suggestions in the thread below?

Sims 4 Play Button Greyed Out / Can't Play Game
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg407386.html#msg407386

Specifically, Deactivate Origin in Game, Try playing the game in "Offline" mode, and/or start the game in Windowed mode. To see if that makes any difference for you?

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline llnguyen

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 12:24:45 AM »
Hi MrsFlynn,

I tried all the suggestions in the link you shared and it's still not working.

I noticed that the base game says that I last played on May 1st but then Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work show the last time I "played" them was September 16, 2014, which is not possible since Get to Work wasn't even released then- maybe this is part of the problem of what's wrong? Do you have any ideas about whether that is significant to the trouble I'm having?

I've uninstalled and re-installed Origin 3 times, and it still lists the dates for the games as the same.

Thanks for all your troubleshooting help :) I really appreciate it.  I'm so jealous reading of how other people are playing Get to Work, I wish I could experience all the fun too- maybe we'll figure it out soon!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 01:59:30 AM »
Hi llnguyen,

Thank you for allowing us to help troubleshoot!! :)  I was browsing answers.ea.com and found something that might help.

Game Data Incomplete
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ISSUE-Game-Data-Incomplete/td-p/4472222

This thread talks about something you posted about in your game. And gives a a few suggestions on things to try to fix it:

1.) Repair game using the tip in the first post.
2.) Check for the following folder:

programs(x86)\Origin_Games\TheSims4 (patch may vary depending on your installation) and check if you have a folder for EP01 and if there's any content in there?

If you have this folder and there is content in it - Try this:

Close the game and Origin completely (EXIT on Origin)
    Backup your user files: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/
    Moving that EP01 folder to the desktop. This should uninstall the expansion pack.
    Start Origin and install the EP again.
    Start your game and see if you still have the issue.

Let's cross our fingers in hopes that this will help. Please let me know either way?

MrsFlynn