Author Topic: I put My retails in my basement... but..  (Read 7379 times)

Offline blacklottus

• Nooboo
I put My retails in my basement... but..
« on: April 21, 2015, 02:17:39 PM »
Hi everyone!!
I was pretending to use the new 2 floor's basements in order to make a mall/clinic and a pub at my house. I spend a lot of time doing it, and it looks awesome.
Unfortunately, when I am trying to start the business.. the system does not allow me to. I try to push the money register in each of the stores, but it did not work.

If i Have to, i will do it again, but it really was a great idea. and It will be awesome if it works.
i WOULD REALLY appreciated If someone know that it is possible to apply this option at your place , and not necessarily on a new field/
And if it is possible, please explain it to move and i would be more than grateful.

Thanks for your attention. Cheers :D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: I put My retails in my basement... but..
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 02:43:37 PM »
I don't have time at present to give you step by step instructions, but I think the problem is that the lot is residential. You'll have to fix this through manage worlds and changing the lot type. You can see some info on how to change a lot type in the retail guide. You need to basically live on an empty lot (since the Sim requires a place to live) but actually stay at the retail lot. Things like careers get weird with living on a retail lot, as they will go home to where they really reside then go to the work place.

As for making it a clinic, I'm now aware of a way to get people to visit as patients. But it's surely possible to live on a retail lot and close/open the business as needed. The Sim will simply treat the empty lot you choose as their actual home, though you can stay on the retail lot 24/7. Right now, to keep Sims from snooping around in your area where you live, you'd need to have the door locks mod, which I don't have a handy link to atm, but it exists. Hopefully Maxis are working on bringing this functionality in so that people can do these things without relying on a mod to do something that many people would like to do - like keep Sims from walking into their bedrooms, etc. regardless of them using Get to Work.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 03:12:16 PM »
The door lock mod that Carl was referring to can be found here.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 05:34:39 PM »
Currently there are two limitations to make a retail business at home. First your current home lot cannot be changed to retail lot unless you move out to other lot (be it vacant or not). The second is there is no door lock at the Sims 4 so customer may wander all over the place since they may only browse for goods for a while and later move on to do other things that is possible on the lot.

Offline Evy_Simmer

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 01:44:21 PM »
You can make your home lot a retail lot. I think custumers only go to places where there is stuff for sale, but they do use your stuff for needs, like the toilet, or the computer or something like that. If you want your home to also be a shop, you could make the lot next to your house the "home" lot. If there's a house or something, you might just wreck the place in edit town
I don't think it's smart to make your home the retail lot, because sims just use your stuff, like I said before. Just make the lot next to your home the retail lot, wreck the place that already is there and move the family or something.

I hope this is usefull information lol

anything