Author Topic: Lockable doors for The Sims 4  (Read 4337 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Lockable doors for The Sims 4
« on: April 07, 2015, 03:52:09 PM »
I thought this might be a mod some would like to know about. A mod to make doors lockable. :) Something we should have anyway. If interested go to Door Locks for TS 4
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Dellena

Re: Lockable doors for The Sims 4
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 04:06:31 PM »
I believe this only works on the home lot.  But if it works on an owned retail lot, I'd love to know.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 07:52:09 PM »
As far as I can tell it works on retail lots also. I fixed up a little office with a computer, tv and bed and so far no one has gone in there after locking the door to visiting sims. I also fix up a couple bath rooms and lock one against male and one against female and that seems to be working also.
Just make sure how you place the door. When placing the door the indicator that show red or green to show if it can be placed there or not also has and arrow on one side. Make sure the arrow points to the outside when placing the door. If the arrow is pointing to the inside of the room you want to keep them out of sims will still be able to get in the room but can't get back out. :D Which could be handy if your making a prison I guess.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 12:13:36 AM »
Good to know!  I'll pick up this mod before I do a retail lot.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 07:28:15 PM »
... Make sure the arrow points to the outside when placing the door. If the arrow is pointing to the inside of the room you want to keep them out of sims will still be able to get in the room but can't get back out. :D Which could be handy if your making a prison I guess.

oOOh, that has given me so many story ideas lol.  What a cool mod. Thanks for sharing.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 08:31:45 PM »
I've also installed this on a retail lot in a non-challenges save file.
On the single door separating the shop and living quarter, I toggled "Enable Lock" and selected "Visitors" only.

However, the computer in the living quarters had to be moved up to the roof (inaccessible to the sims).
Instead of tending the shop/customers, household members kept trying to run off and play BlicBloc or troll teh forums.  No, no, not at the shop, people!

anything