Author Topic: Best new way to make money?  (Read 14988 times)

Offline MegaTank

• Nooboo
Best new way to make money?
« on: April 05, 2015, 05:53:10 PM »
I've recently been going through the scientist career and I found an interesting and reliable way to make money is the cloning machine.

I can currently clone Age Away potions for around 10,000 per hour.

Anyone know any other cool ways to make money fast, or any better items to clone? I'm still experimenting with what can and can't be copied.

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Best new way to make money?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 09:01:56 PM »
Anyone know any other cool ways to make money fast, or any better items to clone? I'm still experimenting with what can and can't be copied.

Playing as a scientist I found the ray-gun a great way to make money. Since I was gardening a good bit I was getting the new Easter eggs constantly so I would just transform them with the ray-gun. This is pretty random but as the eggs are only 10 simoleons you're not losing much of anything. I transformed one of the eggs into the $15,000 violin. Other than items to sell I've received rare plantables and elements. You also get career locked items that you can use or sell though it does not unlock the item in buy mode. Of course a lot of these items you can turn around and duplicate with the Cloning Machine. Can't clone the violin though, I tried. Bummer.  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MegaTank

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 09:50:37 PM »
Yeah, the transformer is a fun way to try and make money, if incredibly unreliable. I think the best thing I ever got out of it was the portable computer, and a death flower at one point. Yeah, it can be fun to try and get objects you normally couldn't.

I've gone through all the collectables and all the ones that could potentially outvalue the Age Away potion like fish or books won't go onto the machine. I also flicked through the buy mode and there's nothing that I can get onto the machine that outvalues the potion enough to offset the hassle of flipping in and out of buy mode, as well as the inevitable depreciation. Of course, you can make a clone of yourself to do all the cloning, and the transforming for that matter.

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 10:40:05 PM »
I forgot I also transform low quality appliances and plumbing that would break instead of fixing or replacing. When the Crisponix Adequate ($675) broke I transformed it into the Ultragreat ($2.600). When that one broke I transformed it again to The Schmapple Fridge ($14,000). I haven't tried this extensively but it does seem to give an upgrade pretty regularly. 

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 11:34:03 PM »
If you don't want to level the Scientist career, I've found an interesting way to make money when I was messing around with the photo station. If you place it on a retail lot, you automatically get money every time you select one of the "Take Photo..." options and choose sims. It doesn't matter if the store is open or even complete (has a cash register), or if the sim you're taking a picture of is in your household. You don't even need to take any actual pictures of the sim- though I would suggest doing so, as you can sell the photos for extra money.

It doesn't make too much money, but the amount increases as your photography skill improves. And besides, with some quick pausing skills, you can easily spam the interaction for a few hours and the money will quickly build up. While probably not as effective as cloning, you can do it as soon as you enter a new game and it doesn't require the Scientist career.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 02:35:13 AM »
Another fun way but not necesarrily quick is to buy an empty business lot. Buy the most expensive item from buy menu. Mark it for sale and don't forget to set the price to exorbitant (100% increase) I sold the Schmapple Fridge ($14000) for double the price. It also is a good way to earn perk point since you will need a lot of convincing before people decide to buy at that ridiculously expensive price.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 07:19:07 PM »
I had my husband and wife team making $300k in sales at their high-end violin and art shop. They would be there working for 9-10 hours a day though, and of course had to replace what they sold. The last two days I worked them, they were able to take $200k out of the business each day, and still have restocking money available.

Cloning might be pretty good. I still haven't leveled up my scientist that far though. So far he is only successful with cloning about half the time. Does that improve the higher up the career you go? The most expensive buy item I got to go on the cloning machine was one of the sculpture busts for $1400 or so. Think with depreciation I could get 1180 out of it each time. But as was said earlier, you have to jump in and out of build mode to sell it, which is kind of a pain. But my sim does have a pretty healthy supply of moodlet solver and energy fill potions. No sleep for them for a while now. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 03:49:39 AM »
@MeestorMark

Cloning might be pretty good. I still haven't leveled up my scientist that far though. So far he is only successful with cloning about half the time. Does that improve the higher up the career you go?

My sims level 8 now and he never fails at cloning. I don't know if it's a level 'thing' as I couldn't be bothered to clone anything until recently... and, like I said, at level 8 he never fails. I still find it a chore and boring to sit there. lol. I'd rather paint to make money than clone.

By the way, that's impressive money-making with your art/violin shop!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.