Author Topic: Not being able to sell Retail Store  (Read 15325 times)

Offline audbooh

• she/her
  • Llama Wrangler
  • lurking in the shadows
Not being able to sell Retail Store
« on: April 03, 2015, 04:08:56 PM »
My retail store was working just fine, and now, I can't transfer funds, sell the store, manage employee, anything! When I click on the options, nothing happens. Please help! I do use cheats, testing cheats. I have no mods.
unapologetic lover of romance, period pieces, and angsty pretty boys

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Not being able to sell Retail Store
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 06:31:15 PM »
Did you find your way out of the problem already?

This happened to me last night. When the fam returned to their retail shop, the shop had no operating funds so couldn't be opened.  However, the shop menu wouldn't allow the transfer of household funds to the store.  (The store had $40,000+ when last visited).

I was able to sell the store by going to Manage Worlds and clicking on the store's lot.
Under ...., I found the Sell Store option.
Before I sold the store, though, I moved all my merchandise, furniture, and kitchen stuff to household inventory.

After I sold the store, I used the phone to Buy Retail Store again.
When I returned to the lot, I was able to transfer funds from household to store. BUT all my hard-earned retail perks and painstakingly nurtured employees had vanished. *sniffles

Before my store glitched, I'd used Manage Worlds to move some people out of my household. (This isn't a dynasty  or challenge file; I'm just playing around with GTW.)
I don't know if that's what caused my store to glitch.

If you found another way to deal with your problem, would you let me know?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline audbooh

• she/her
  • Llama Wrangler
  • lurking in the shadows
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 07:59:14 PM »
I eventually deleted that game, because of the fact that I lost the save, but thank you for next time. I had not found a way to fix it, and it seems that this might be the only answer. Thanks for this information for next time, because I also got the glitch minutes after I moved some people out of my house for storytelling measures. Maybe that's the problem. My multi-generational family owned the store, but, if I couldn't run it, then, what was the point? If it happens again, I'll try to find another solution
unapologetic lover of romance, period pieces, and angsty pretty boys

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 08:13:05 PM »
I eventually deleted that game, because of the fact that I lost the save, but thank you for next time. I had not found a way to fix it, and it seems that this might be the only answer. Thanks for this information for next time, because I also got the glitch minutes after I moved some people out of my house for storytelling measures. Maybe that's the problem. My multi-generational family owned the store, but, if I couldn't run it, then, what was the point? If it happens again, I'll try to find another solution

I forgot to mention that, after selling and re-buying the shop, the shop's been running just fine.
Using Manage Households to move people out also glitched my collections. I had to place every collection item in and out of my sim's personal inventory to register it on the collection tab. This ruined my metals and crystals collections since I sell them off for elements or use them up for Scientist inventions.

Anyway, selling and re-buying the shop has worked fine for me.
Good luck with your next retail store!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 11:44:19 PM »
I'm not entirely sure if this is related to the original poster's problem, but did find this post on Crinrict's website about the Retail store.

Progress on Retail lot is not saved
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/04/progress-on-retail-lot-is-not-saved/

I hope it's helpful information, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 12:15:51 AM »
I'm not entirely sure if this is related to the original poster's problem, but did find this post on Crinrict's website about the Retail store.

Progress on Retail lot is not saved
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2015/04/progress-on-retail-lot-is-not-saved/

I hope it's helpful information, :)

MrsFlynn

Thank you, MrsFlynn, for investigating the problem and linking us to that thread. 
I read another thread with SimGuruGraham about the retail lot issue which also mentioned removing the sales sign before leaving the lot. I don't know if that was my issue or not.  After rebuying my shop, though, I don't remove signs for baked goods (only the paintings which I replace with new ones, never restock) after closing shop for the day.