Author Topic: Can't level up skills  (Read 5944 times)

Offline igor140

• Llama Wrangler
Can't level up skills
« on: April 11, 2015, 11:39:55 AM »
so, i installed GTW, and my first thought was "wow... this wasn't worth $40".  but i'm trying to feel it out and make the best of it... except that i get to the exact same point on the fourth day of a new character (the fourth day of the game, not the fourth day at work), and i can no longer learn skills.  i am playing chess to build logic.  the bar will rise to ~90%... then up to 100%, where it stay for about an hour, then jump back down to 90%.  it starts at roughly 3pm on the third day.  i have tested this with three new characters, and they all do the same thing, on the same day, at the same time, regardless of what skill they are supposed to be learning.  if i cancel the action, it takes almost an hour for my sims to STOP playing chess (or working out, or whatever), at which point they are able to learn brand new skills, but not level up any others.  also, while the need bars decrease, they don't change color or add the negative moodlets when they get low; i watched my hunger bar decrease almost completely, and it was still green.

is anyone else having this problem?  i mean, this basically makes the game unplayable, and it only started since i installed get to work...

Dellena

Re: can't level up skills
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 12:05:59 PM »
Questions:

1.  Do you play with any CC or mods?

2.  Did you clear your cache files before installing GTW?

3.  If you do play with CC or mods, did you move that folder prior to installing GTW?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline igor140

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 12:14:03 PM »
yes, no, and no : )

the only mods i have are clothing, so i can't imagine those conflicting with anything... but what is CC?

how do i clear my cache?

i did not move the folder, but all of the mods are working correctly.

also, as an update, i powered through the glitches, and left the library.  two days later, i now notice that the game has given me credit for all of the logic skill it didn't register earlier.  that is, i left the library immediately after reaching logic level 3.  i haven't touched it for two days, and now i notice that i am ~75% of the way to logic level 4.  so it seems everything is fine, it was just glitchy and delayed.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 01:03:58 PM »
Mods are files that alters the game in some way something like faster skill gains or faster eating. CC = are Custom Content that is added not by EA but by player all around the world. This include clothing, buy mode and build mode items.

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 03:42:57 PM »
Before installing any new patch or expansion or game pack, I highly recommend that you:

Clear the Cache Files

and then move the Mods folder from the EA documents folder for Sims 4 to your desktop, temporarily.

THEN run the install.  Test the game without the mods folder.  Start a new game, new sim, test out that things are working properly.

At that point, move the Mods folder back and try the game again.  If something fails at that point, you have a problem with something in that folder.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Can't level up skills
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 08:09:32 PM »
This isn't directly related to Get to Work, so I'm going to move it to the Miscellaneous Help board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."