Author Topic: Sims 4 Refuses to work with mods in the folder  (Read 1977 times)

Offline yolo_sims

• Nooboo
Sims 4 Refuses to work with mods in the folder
« on: March 26, 2015, 05:03:37 PM »
Hi, my game started just fine this morning, it ran perfectly with the mods I had in the folder.  So there isn't something wrong with them.  Once I updated, the game refused to launch.  I did these:

clicked repair game
clicked offline origin
un-clicked enable origin in game
moved tray files
deleted cache files
moved save files
re-start computer

None of these worked.

Then i just had enough and moved the entire mods folder and the game was fine.  But I can't add a single flippin' mod.  These aren't mods from Budapest!  They're reliable mods!  I don't understand what in the world is going on?!?!

Offline Steellace

• Townie
Re: Sims 4 Refuses to work with mods in the folder
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:31:58 PM »
You are not alone!  My adults can't go to work, and the kids can't go to school.  I get the messages that they will have to leave in an hour, and it appears in their que when it's time.  However, when it come up for them to actually do, they are reset, and the "go to work/school" is removed.  I have tried clicking on the go-to-work/school button on the employment tab as well as clicking on the sim and telling them to go with the same results.

I've tried everything you have on your list.  I also did these things:
  • Reset sims.
  • Travel - They were able to, but it wouldn't give the option for everyone in the home to go.
  • Move - Moved to a different home but still not able to leave.
  • New game - Fresh start, got a job, played until it was time to go to work, no-go.

Like your experience, I finally realized that removing the mods fixed the problem.  It's only the mods that are causing the issues, not any of my custom content.  I'm sure it has to do with the changes that were made with the patch (it's quite a long list of things that were fixed, changed, or tweeked).  I'm sure that our mod creators will be working to fix compatibility issues in the next few days/weeks.  Until then, I guess we'll have to play without them.

EDIT - After additional testing, the only mod I had causing a conflict was DrChillgood's Safer Chance Cards (from Mod the Sims).  It was the only one that had anything to do with work or school.  If you have it too, that may be the culprit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Refuses to work with mods in the folder
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 10:54:35 PM »
Hi Yolo_sims

Like Steellace said, it's most likely caused by incompatibility issues with the mods/custom content.

Due to the recent patch, it is recommended to make sure the mods and/or custom content is up to date. Sometimes the patches will mess up how the mods and/or custom content work, causing incompatibility issues.

You'll need to go through the custom content and mods to find which need to be updated.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *