Author Topic: Starting Fresh  (Read 2657 times)

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
Starting Fresh
« on: February 10, 2015, 01:42:10 AM »
Is there a way to create a whole new world as if you installed the game for the very first time?

Dellena

Re: Starting Fresh
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 03:01:37 AM »
Top right corner of the main menu - the plus sign for New Game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 02:45:14 PM »
I'm moving this to miscellaneous help board.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 03:59:58 PM »
When I started a "new game", one of the buildings from another save was in the new game. I had replaced the night club/jazz bar. Just wondered if that was a normal thing to happen, because if so, someone who has replaced all the public buildings with their own, won't have a "fresh" game from choosing new game as far as buildings are concerned.

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 06:24:55 PM »
I haven't had a bulding that I've replaced in one game show up in an official new game.  Interesting.  I wonder if you've somehow altered the base game world that all new games start with.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 06:29:02 PM »
I had a glitch like that once, where I couldn't get a fresh save where I was supposed to, and it kept loading up the neighborhood I played last.  I ended up having to do a factory reset to fix it. 

If you haven't tried just clearing the caches and the repair game option, though, I'd start with that and see if that fixes it before doing the whole reset process.

Offline jessa14

• Llama Wrangler
  • Call me Jess or whatever :)
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 06:43:42 PM »
If you go to the Sims 4 folder in documents, open the saves folder and move the files to somewhere else, the game will start with a fresh world. The other save games won't show up but you can copy them back in later. It's not the most elegant fix, and I've no idea what causes the problem, but it keeps happening to me and this seems to work. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 10:56:03 PM »
When I started a "new game", one of the buildings from another save was in the new game. I had replaced the night club/jazz bar. Just wondered if that was a normal thing to happen, because if so, someone who has replaced all the public buildings with their own, won't have a "fresh" game from choosing new game as far as buildings are concerned.

Sorry, my mistake. Was thinking it was a new save but it was actually a save I made to use for building. Thus the reason for a different nightclub on the lot. All the other public lots I put the originals back there, so it made me think it was a new game with a lot that shouldn't be there.

anything