Author Topic: Death by rocket crash  (Read 7329 times)

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
Death by rocket crash
« on: February 11, 2015, 11:57:34 PM »
I'm trying to complete Pinstar's legacy challenge, and it includes having 11 types of death occur on your lot.  I've managed to have every death type except rocket ship crash, and I'm not having any luck with it.   I have two sims rebuilding rockets (I have 2 on the lot) and stuffing the exhaust pipes with fruit, and three other sims keep exploring space and crashing.  One has reached level 9 of the rocket science skill without ever safely landing or building the skill in any other way, and the other two are at levels 4 and 5.  I've sent them up with low needs, angry, dazed, sad, or embarrassed.  I've surrounded the landing pad with rugs and chairs, hoping flames might spread. 

The other deaths I was able to have happen with only a little effort manipulating the sims, and in such a way that I could incorporate the deaths into my story.   I'm pretending that the crashes are due to shoddy backyard construction, instead of a mother and uncle trying to kill off spare family members.  However, the number of crashes is affecting my story. I can pretend some of them didn't happen but I'm also starting to feel guilty for torturing my sims - usually at least one of the three potential victims is dazed from a crash.

Has anyone succeeded in death by rocket ship, and if so, what were the conditions of the crash?  Are my sims just very lucky? Does anyone know what the chance of catching fire after a crash is? 

Thanks.

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Death by rocket crash
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 08:36:44 PM »
OK, the first sim has now maxed the skill, the second is at level 7, and the third....  He was on a space voyage, and crashed.  He crawled from the wreckage, patted the flames from his shoulder, and then collapsed and died from old age. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Death by rocket crash
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 12:43:42 PM »
I can't really help you as I have been unsuccessful as causing a rocketship crash death too... but I feel your pain. Hopefully someone will have an answer for you! I've tried everything you have... dazed, low needs, fruit shoved up the pipe, to be honest I've given up on that death until I find the 'trick' to it somewhere on a forum!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.