Author Topic: Mentoring for Body Builder career seems to take forever to do  (Read 10056 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Mentoring for Body Builder career seems to take forever to do
« on: February 10, 2015, 05:21:37 PM »
Has anyone found this? My sim is doing the Athletic body builder career. Her daily task is mentor sims at the gym. In that career, they get to mentor sims sooner than level 10 fitness. But I found it was taking her hours and hours to do. She hit level 10 fitness recently, and now it seems a bit faster. But before that, she'd finish work at 2pm, I'd quickly fill her needs, then she would be at the gym until late at night trying to get it 100% completed. I also found it hard to actually find sims to mentor, because it seemed a bit random who I coukd mentor. I know you can't mentor other sims if their fitness is higher than yours (I think), but I would invite sims that I knew had low fitness, and still I couldn't always mentor them.
Just wondered if it's meant to be that hard to complete the daily task, or if it's a bit glitchy? My poor Sim wants to get ahead in her career, but all she seems to do is go to work and then mentor sims, and then eat and sleep.
Also, she gets new CAS clothes, but does anyone else think it's silly that they are in the everyday clothing and not the Athletic clothing section?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Mentoring for Body Builder career seems to take forever to do
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 05:34:47 PM »
I'm not sure of this will help... but my sim had no problems mentoring other sims. He would be able to fill the requirement with one and a half mentoring sessions. I also found that there were many sims that would turn up to the gym once he got there so I had a lot of sims to choose from.
I also used family members so I don't know if that's an option for you. One thing I found was that you can mentor the same sim over again as long as they are not too tired/dirty to work out.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 06:35:19 PM »
I would mentor one sim until they stopped exercising. It just seemed like hours would go past to finally get 100% complete. I'm sure the first time she did it, she was at the gym for about ten hours after work. Like I said, her fitness level is at 10 now, so she seems to be completing that task faster. I'm also finding that her promotions are taking ages, even though she's completed the daily task, had the right mood each morning, and has completed the job aspiration things, and also has that trait that is supposed to help her get promoted faster. The last time I had that trait for a sim, she seemed to be getting promoted every second work day.
My sim is at level 8 of her career now, but it's taken a while for her to get there, compared to all the other careers my sims have done. I don't like making my sims slack off in their jobs, but I might have to have her take it easy for a while, or she might burn herself out lol

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 01:51:05 PM »
It's strange/curious how different sims do things differently. My sims raced through the athletic career and then time itself seemed to stop while he was in the business career. It was so slow going it nearly killed me. And that too was with all daily task completed and the right emotion etc. Sims eh!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.