Author Topic: Disappearing Objects  (Read 22225 times)

Offline LittleMissSims

• Nooboo
Disappearing Objects
« on: January 15, 2015, 05:51:28 PM »
I have been playing with outdoor retreat and I bought some items from the ranger station for the campsite. However, when I tried to place them (by dragging from the inventory), some of the items disappeared. They made the sound that indicates that the object has been placed, however I could not see it. One of these items was the tent, and although I could not see it my Sim autonomously used it and disappeared as if into thin air.
This has only happened for some items, others I placed and could see.
Also I had previously placed the tent and it was visible, but I then moved it into the inventory and out to another spot and it disappeared.
This issue also happened with the small lantern.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Disappearing Objects
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 06:54:21 PM »
Hi LittleMissSims,

I've searched out this bug and it's been suggested to either look in Sims' personal inventory or the Family inventory, for the missing objects. If they aren't in either spot. Try the possible solutions below.

Disappearing objects - Sims 4
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Disappearing-objects-Sims-4/td-p/3453653

Possible Solutions:

1.) Exit the game, and then try to play it again.
2.) Log out of Windows and then log back in.
3.) Clear your game and Origin cache files.

Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

-- Delete Origin Cache
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401663.html#msg401663

From what I gather, it sounds like the objects kind of pop out of place, and then get put into either the personal inventory or the family inventory. I haven't found a reason why this is happening.

If you find you have this bug, please go over to answer.ea.com using the link above and click the Me Too button. -- If we click me too for it, that should help get it some attention and hopefully a fix!!

Hope this helps.  And if I haven't said it already, Welcome to the forum :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LittleMissSims

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 02:36:13 AM »
Thanks @MrsFlynn for your suggestion.
Unfortunately, I don't think that the tent in in an inventory. My sim was able to use the tent still, even though it was invisible. Of her own free will, she used it to take a nap. Therefore I can assume that it is still in the world, but not visible for some reason.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 06:40:38 AM »
I have had items randomly turn invisible since before OR. Things sims can move without you needing to click on then are easy to fix (e.g., clean up books). The tent will reappear in your family inventory when you go home at any rate.

Offline LittleMissSims

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 02:23:52 PM »
Ok, thanks @TheGoat! I might just send my sim home and then go back.

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 01:53:49 AM »
Thanks @MrsFlynn for your suggestion.
Unfortunately, I don't think that the tent in in an inventory. My sim was able to use the tent still, even though it was invisible. Of her own free will, she used it to take a nap. Therefore I can assume that it is still in the world, but not visible for some reason.

Had the exact same thing happen when I first played Retreat. My sims were acting like it was fine and going in and out and just disappearing. I just figured it needed to be reset and went to manage worlds and back again and it reappeared like it had been there all along. Other than the tent disappearing my biggest frustration is with crafted objects like paintings. I've had masterpiece paintings disappear on me when I pull them off the easel and put them on the wall. The game makes the sound like they have been placed but they are gone. I can not find them in family inventory or anywhere on the lot.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 07:47:18 AM »
I've had fairly many objects disappear lately, mostly books and plates of food. I've always found that if I exit to the main menu and come back, they reappear.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »
I haven't had the disappearing object problem for a while, but I was redecorating the gym and placed six treadmills. When I went back to live mode, all the treadmills disappeared and a door as well.
I also found meals my sim had cooked in Granite Falls in the family inventory, and I can't drag to sell them. If I try to place them in world, they bounce back into the inventory. I managed to place one plate, but then when clicking on it on it to move it, it said "script unavailable" or something like that, and went back in the inventory. So now I have four different plates of food stuck there.

Dellena

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 07:49:11 PM »
Try clearing the caches to see if that fixes it.

Offline LittleMissSims

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 08:49:51 PM »
Thank you all for your suggestions, I'll try them and see what works.

anything