Author Topic: Retail & Get to Work  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Retail & Get to Work
« on: March 30, 2015, 11:04:38 PM »
The Get to Work board has been created, so that when everyone who preordered gets access in an hour they are able to start posting about the new Expansion Pack.

I've also got my guide to Managing a Business up, though I've yet to get pictures and proofread. Thought some of you might like a preview of it, in case it's not possible to finish tonight. The info is pretty solid, though I know there will be improvements to be made with such a massive piece.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Retail & Get to Work
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 02:53:05 PM »
Retail was updated to include information on bakeries and clothing stores. I've yet to find out how to run retail photography effectively, but think it might be plausible we make a page about specific types of businesses to help folks to optimize their revenues. This one is far from done given its scope. I'll still be looking to improve it based upon suggestions, so will love to hear from some of you once you have experience operating retail in order to critique my work :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 03:24:54 PM »
I've yet to find out how to run retail photography effectively....

Not sure if it is actually possible to make money with a pure retail photography store where that is all you would do. I played around with photography this morning for a few hours and the Tend Photo Studio mechanic is similar to playing for tips on an instrument. If there are nearby Sims, then the game will periodically have a Sim walk in front of the camera, pose, and toss you a mere $10 per shot. You might get 2-3 shots in the couple of hours for an entire Tend Photo Studio queue. The photos themselves that are then tossed into inventory could be sold in the store, but even at a exorbitant price markup you're looking at less than $100 per photo compared to Masterpieces that can go for $10k +.

What seemed to make more sense to me would be to set up a combined fine arts studio where selling paintings is where the real money is and you could have a photo studio inside as well as something to do now and then. But, it would fit the theme nicely of that kind of retail shop.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 07:31:01 PM »
I've got some spreadsheet on bakery retail that might help folks optimize their revenues.  I've posted it on my GTW post.

anything