Author Topic: Trait Expectations  (Read 47323 times)

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
Re: Trait Expectations
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2015, 04:11:07 PM »
Such a great score Nutella, way to go.  There was a lot of great scores, so way to go to everyone who participated.  My strategy was way off, but I learned something that makes me very upset this challenge.  Why in the world do the fish not count for the angling ace aspiration in granite falls?  It doesn't make any sense. 

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2015, 04:35:52 PM »
Oh yes! The skill goes up in increments of about 10% per kiss, sometimes more. It counts for all sorts of kisses including 'kissing hands'. :)

Only with the Great Kisser reward though, right? I used it the same way and it did seem to go up very fast.
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2015, 04:38:53 PM »
Yes, I believe kisses only increase Charisma that much if you have Great Kisser.

Woah, I had no idea the Vicarious trait was so powerful. Great strategy, Nutella (and all the top scorers :)) ).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2015, 05:13:06 PM »
What I love most about these tournament challenges is being able to read the strategies and tactics of the power players.
I also love these tournament challenges because, though I'm not great at strategizing, I learn different ways to enjoy Sims 4 and  to try out new approaches for growing my sims.

Thanks to everyone for a fun challenge and to those of you who are generously sharing the secrets for your success.
Nutella, may I carry your bags? (a valise-carrier is Japanese slang for the tag-along minion of a superior person, lol).

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2015, 05:48:05 PM »
Like ClayMask, I also did the Computer Whiz Aspiration, but mostly because I knew it would be a lot of easy fast forwarding. A lot of my choices in this challenge were motivated by how much real life time I would have to put into them.

While I did give myself 5 of them for some initial funding, I avoided buying the Landgraabs and SKLs weight worth in violins (and when I sold my violins I made sure it wasn't on Fabulously Wealthy- still counted, though) because it honestly felt too exploity for me. I earned that aspiration by having my spouse, the two adopted children who stayed with me, and another helper (originally a gardener before I decided gardening would take up to much RL time) paint up a storm.

One random thing I noticed- part of my strategy was taking a gym trainer as my spouse to have someone to mentor my sim in fitness. While befriending sims at the gym I noticed that Don Lothario had become a gym trainer, and was able to mentor me. Since I know Don is nowhere near level 10 fitness initially, I moved him in out of curiosity and found that the game had maxed out his fitness for him. Just something interesting I though I'd mention.

Violin Fashingbauer (one of my baby boomers) celebrated the completion of the challenge with a whole household dance party, then a quick rush to clog some drains because I had completely forgotten about that. Ironically, she never even picked up a violin.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2015, 07:00:21 PM »
Violin Fashingbauer (one of my baby boomers) celebrated the completion of the challenge with a whole household dance party...

I need proof! Screenshots or it never happened!  ;D

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2015, 10:24:34 PM »
I need proof! Screenshots or it never happened!  ;D

Of course! I will gladly provide some screenshots as proof. You know, for the integrity of the challenge.  ;)

I even made them their own makeshift dance floor.

(Note: It's obvious from their clothing that I own Get to Work, but the only content I used from it was purely aesthetic things, such as clothing and the flooring for the dance floor. Even things with as little an impact as 1 environment point were avoided. Scouts honor!)

They all kept wanting to do that weird dance when they sway their arms around in front of them. It was actually kind of creepy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2015, 11:08:00 PM »
I'm sure you don't mean this to upset those of us who are adopted in real life, but it did me a little.

Oh, I am SO SORRY! I didn't realize! I am just feeling shameful for stating that adopting kids is cheating. Of course I think adopted kids should get respect. Even if your... okay, I should shut up before I offend anyone else now.  :-[

I'm busy doing the stuff that Nutella did (unofficial, of course, not a part of this challenge) and I had to Motherlode while at the Goths because they didn't have enough money to buy violins to bump up the value of their house. For some reason, selling my violins in inventory decreased the value of the estate. What gives?
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2015, 11:14:02 PM »
I'm busy doing the stuff that Nutella did (unofficial, of course, not a part of this challenge) and I had to Motherlode while at the Goths because they didn't have enough money to buy violins to bump up the value of their house. For some reason, selling my violins in inventory decreased the value of the estate. What gives?
The value of the estate as counted for the mansion baron aspiration might include items in your inventory, but wouldn't include your cash.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2015, 01:04:29 AM »
Congratulations Nutella on winning and to everyone else who did this challenge.

I was supposed to do it, but got some deadlines in real life that got in the way of my playing time. Ah well, maybe next time.

Great score Nutella, I learned a lot from reading your strategy.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2015, 04:33:36 AM »

When you are at the landgraabs, you will complete the have a home worth $250000, but not the $350000 -- so when you move to the goths, you need to use the $45000 cash from goth and buy violins and just leave it on the lot - not in your inventory yet.  I think its about 3-4 violin you will hit your goal of home worth $350000 -- you only move the violin to your personal inventory when you are ready to move.

Selling violin is only for wealthy aspiration, not mansion baron.  Buying violin and putting them in inventory is the trick to get cash converted to item so you can carry it around when you move.  Cash and household inventory doesn't get transfer when you move, only personal inventory.

Offline MSUCalli

• Nooboo
  • Thaaat's my Nubbin!
    • SoSimful
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2015, 12:32:47 PM »
My thought process was the same as most, though not nearly as well executed due to not having the time to really think about it.  I figured I didn't have TIME for the family aspirations and any ones requiring a max career, but realized as I went on that had I started earlier, I could have completed these.  Either way, I befrended and moved in the with the Landgrabbs, stole all their stuff in the form of violins after changing them to Mansion Baron, then went to live with the Goths and did the same to complete the Wealthy one.  I too moved in with Zest and then to an empty lot so I could have my open air home :)  Other than that I completed Bodybuilder, Soulmate, Friend of the World and would have completed Renaissance if I'd thought about the Connections trait.  Whoops.  I went for skill helper traits first, then Hardly Hungry, Never Weary etc.  I kept thinking about all the things I could have done when I was like two weeks in.  Guess I should have practiced more!

Way to go Nutella, love your explanation!

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2015, 06:39:19 PM »
@MSUCalli Yup, your strategy pretty much sounds like mine. I completed pretty much the same aspirations as you did.  ;D