Author Topic: The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat  (Read 18935 times)

Offline laugh-dream-love

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2015, 05:04:41 PM »
That is the price here in New Zealand. I never enter into debates about pricing or even amount of content etc but I am shocked at the price of this game pack. I just wanted to inform people about the pricing over here, not really to make any social comment about the company or anything else.  :)

I didn't mean to start a debate about anything, just really shocked that that's genuinely what you guys have to pay.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 09:31:47 PM »
$50 New Zealand Dollars... ouch! Nearly half the price of the base game...  :( I was pretty shocked at the price.

I feel your pain, $30 in Australia, not as bad as NZ but still to make you think twice about buying it immediately.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 09:50:53 PM »
There are several threads on the official Forum, along with Reddit, about the massive jump in price when compared to US. I really think people should take the time to voice their opinions there, since it may actually have an impact. Companies can listen, particularly with plenty of people complaining and stating that they would have the sales if the price weren't so steep. It really seems like a bad price point from a basic economics standpoint, but not if they expect everyone who wants it to get it 'eventually'.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 09:53:33 PM »
 @judewright Maybe that shut down origin. That might have need to restart, but glad you got the game pack! That was an annoying couple of hours for me and set me back. Now i'm looking forward to playing more tomorrow.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 10:17:32 PM »
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, if not feel free to point me in the right direction..

This was posted on the EA Games fb page approx 20 mins ago

Thank you to all our players who pointed out the price discrepancy for The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat in Australia and New Zealand. We are updating the pricing now and we will be providing refunds for the price difference to everyone who has already bought this product.

Hopefully the cost will come down to a more reasonable point.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 10:22:39 PM »
Franki, I personally have no problem with some of the price disparity coming up in this thread, especially since this issue really came up with this Game Pack. :)

The main thing is to make sure it relates to the topic; and the price point of Outdoor Retreat certainly applies. 

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2015, 12:07:05 AM »
Well I just checked Origin and it now says $29.99 for the game pack, which is about $25 US. Was hoping it would come down a bit more than that. I will have to find out just how much new gameplay etc it gives to see if it's worth it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2015, 10:56:06 AM »
As I was searching out some problems, I found this tid-bit of news.

[INFO] Pricing Update - Australia and New Zealand
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/INFO-Pricing-Update-Australia-and-New-Zealand/m-p/4234187#U4234187

I'm hoping it's good news. Like way lower prices for those not living in the US.

MrsFlynn

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2015, 11:02:10 AM »
Yep, that information is corroborated MrsFlynn on the forums:

Thank you to all our players who pointed out the price discrepancy for The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat in Australia and New Zealand. There was an error in the list prices, we are updating it now and providing refunds for the price difference to everyone who has already bought the Game Pack.

--SimGuruBChick

(Source:  Pricing Update and New Zealand)

It doesn't say what the prices are (though others have posted elsewhere).  Still, I can understand it if people decide to wait for a sale.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2015, 12:33:49 PM »
I'm really glad EA listened to the players on this one - it was ridiculous to hear of double prices for the game with not much difference in the exchange rate. So glad you guys get to enjoy this at a lower price point, and if it's still too pricey it will at least go on sale for a much better price when they knock a percentage off!

Offline Nandireya

• Nooboo
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2015, 05:34:43 PM »
Oh my goodness, it's 81 cents to the dollar. I can see need to compensate for exchange of currency, but that's quite steep. Sorry you guys get gouged that way. I hear it's a common thing. Given TS4 went on sale so fast, maybe OR will be available for a more reasonable price around the first EP's release.

Yeah.  We always get gorged on downloadable content.  A $0.99 song on US itunes is $2.19 for us.

I'll be waiting for a sale too.  I haven't had a chance to play in months so a wait isn't a problem.  I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to send my sims camping anyway, it's not something that appeals to me...never been camping in my life...so I'm not eager to inflict it on my little creations.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2015, 09:37:41 AM »
It looks like some of this content will also be available on Amazon.com 

For US residents, you can purchase it here:
http://www.amazon.com/Sims-Outdoor-Retreat-Online-Game/dp/B00S00IJH8

Be aware it will just send you a code to redeem on Origin, but if you would rather do things that way it is now an option :)

Offline DarkWalker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2015, 03:25:43 PM »
I have an advantage in this. Here in Brazil it's R$40, which is a bit less than $16.

It's roughly the same price difference that we have in Steam, so not unusual.