Author Topic: Quickest way to make money? (without cheats!)  (Read 12389 times)

Offline dodi90

• Occult
Re: Quickest way to make money? (without cheats!)
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 12:14:23 PM »
The quickest way is to abuse household merging. You can merge any sim not from your house hold into yours. Apparently the game will always give $20,000 for a household with a sim regardless if they actually have the money before or not. I split my family sim and re - merge them only to find out that the wife come back and bring an extra $20,000. You may repeat the process as many as you like.

If you feel like that is indeed cheating since I believe it might be just an oversight on developer part. The single best way to money making that require skills falls to Painting. Even without marketable painting is highly profitable and taking them make the profit margin grow even more.

If you have get to work, buying $15,000 violin and selling them on retail price at 100% markup is maybe the best thing provided you're patient at convincing your customer to pay a violin for a price of two. (in real life this simply will never even happen)

Electronic recycle bin is useful only if your sim turned off the autonomy since most of the time your sim will indeed decide washing the fish for free is far better than throwing it at garbage bin that will give money for it. To ensure the profit from every plate however you need at least have two sim in a household. Even eating baked alaska that cost $100 per servings you will gain $180 (since apparently the original plate of serving didn't dissapear after you took 8 portion of it). It require a lot of micromanaging and you will literally cried for every time your sim wash your dishes when you're not watching  if this is indeed your only way to get an income.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 08:01:35 PM »
Electronic recycle bin is useful only if your sim turned off the autonomy since most of the time your sim will indeed decide washing the fish for free is far better than throwing it at garbage bin that will give money for it. To ensure the profit from every plate however you need at least have two sim in a household. Even eating baked alaska that cost $100 per servings you will gain $180 (since apparently the original plate of serving didn't dissapear after you took 8 portion of it). It require a lot of micromanaging and you will literally cried for every time your sim wash your dishes when you're not watching  if this is indeed your only way to get an income.

There is a MUCH easier solution than "Turn off Autonomy"/"Micromanage" - don't install any sinks.

EDIT :

When you use the recycle bin, the $10/Sim is actually earned by the individual sims and as such counts towards "Earn X Simoleans" whims and for the totals needed by the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration. Your kids can reasonably expect to have enough earnings for the 1st tier before even hitting Teen, and sometimes even the 2nd.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 08:44:48 PM »
Well still considering you can have 8 people in one household (i guess this is the limit) and assuming they at least at twice a day. you get almost 1k simoleon a day. However much easier method like painting could also earned the same if not more and need not rely on sim wanting to eat / drink at all. To get advantage of recycle bin, you need at least two sim household to at least get a free meal everyday. Meanwhile could be abused by single sim household or full household just about the same. So in my opinion painting is better.

NOTE: toward fabulously wealthy aspiration, if your household funds are already high, you only need to worry on earning part. However even a child sim could participate in video gaming competition. While not very reliable at first, when you do it often enough, you can always score a winning prize reliably. When entering teen it was even better because all skills are unlocked.

In no way i disrespect the recycle bin method but after a while watching your sim grabbing plates / garbage / glass got boring quickly. I actually much prefer having that electronic bin so that my sim didn't have to put the garbage out anymore.

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 12:01:13 PM »
in my opinion you make much more money with selling bathtubs as painting. (30mn each, profit is a little random but can go up to more as 4k piece, tell me another job who earn you the same!)
On the side note, emotional painting are useful, but i think instant upgrade is more

Writing give you maybe less as painting, but on the side note you may get to the book of life... which many simmers won't play without it.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 11:20:23 PM »
I can start out with a sim on an empty section and have 100,000 to build with in two weeks or so... painting is the fastest way to make large sums of money. Also your sim will throw out many whims to do with painting so before you know it you will have more than enough satisfaction points to get some really useful traits such as Marketable, Creative Visionary, Morning Sim, Night Owl, Savant etc. as well as moodlet solvers so your sim can paint 24/7 until the house is built.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2015, 10:43:11 AM »
Photography is also a good way to make money quickly.  You don't need any extra equipment because you can use your phone, it levels very fast to its max (5) and as long as you are inspired you can make between 750 and 900 simoleans in about 10 minutes (works out at 4500+ per hour).  It is tedious to play though, and if you have it on a faster speed you will make less money per hour.

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 09:29:42 PM »
The quickest way is to abuse household merging.
Sure! And that was already same in TS3. Jump on the first rich sims you meet and marry him/her in one day. One of quickest way to never worry anymore on the money side.
Because it s so easy to marry, then i feel same, like almost a kind of cheating.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 10:21:39 PM »
Photography is also a good way to make money quickly.  You don't need any extra equipment because you can use your phone, it levels very fast to its max (5) and as long as you are inspired you can make between 750 and 900 simoleans in about 10 minutes (works out at 4500+ per hour).  It is tedious to play though, and if you have it on a faster speed you will make less money per hour.

That's exactly how I earned enough money to buy an easel when I start out on an empty lot with 0 simoleons. Only I switch it up to painting asap.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline alejandrisha

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2015, 04:08:17 PM »
1,000,000 fans with live stream lvl 7 of tech guru branch can net you 4.5 THOUSAND simoleons per hour. using painting and selling them in your retail shop and only restocking the masterpieces works well and is more fun.

Offline mhahse57

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 03:38:58 PM »
I have made over 200,000 Simoleans by having my gardener sims sell their entire collections.

Save those plants for the big home upgrade. It worked for me, but I do use a couple cheats bb.moveobjects on and the very rare Make Happy cheat.  I am into building complex structures and like the placement options made available by using the former.

I also have found that Writing skill and selling novels, guides and screenplays nets my sims some steady royalties. They are variable and I do not recommend selling to the journal. Stay in the middle and Sell to Publisher. It is guaranteed income with far less effort than gardening.

anything