Author Topic: Starting a New Town  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Senathon

• Nooboo
Starting a New Town
« on: December 01, 2017, 11:41:38 AM »
I just switched from Sims 3 and Sims 4.  Sims 4 has a lot of different dynamics, so pardon some of my redundant questions.

I have Sim 4(Basic) and the Vampire pack.  I have created a regular vampire couple in a simple home.  The husband is a tech guru, and the spouse is a fitness nut.  When the expansions goes on sale, I will be buying more.

Can anyone provide a list of community lots that is used a lot?  Example (Library, Gym, Park, Bistro).

Also, since I am doing vampires, I am also looking for recommend list indoor areas (indoor park or pool).

Should I be installing Special game mods(School Mod, College Mod) that requires other expansions before install the expansions or wait?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Starting a New Town
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 05:00:13 PM »
Hi @Senathon, welcome to the forum.

We have a set of maps for the different towns here: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26492.msg442070#msg442070. They give details of the different residential areas along with fishing spots, dig sites etc.  As for community lots, they all offer the basic facilities that you would expect for their type.  The Library is useful as it holds computers, a chess set and level 1 skill books for all the skills. The parks have chess sets and fishing/gathering/harvesting areas, you just have to wait a while for them to spawn. The gyms have all the exercise machines, showers and Gym Trainers who are npc's with level 10 fitness that your sim can ask to mentor them.  Mentoring definately speeds up skill learning and builds friendship at the same time, but not social need.

There are plenty of community made lots to choose from in the gallery.  You can download any you like and add them to your games to give variety and access to the items you want, or you can make your own.  Build and decorate it the way you want in a new save file, save it to your library and then add it to an empty lot in your main game for your sims to enjoy.

I wouldn't install any mod that requires an expansion you don't have.  The mod will not work as advertised if it works at all, and there is a chance it will make your game unplayable. 

Have fun simming, Helen

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RiotKitty

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Starting a New Town
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 10:50:29 AM »
I don't use any specialty mods, but I do like Deaderpool's MCCC mods. It focuses more on general playability (social deterioration, npc spawns, clothing related, etc.) It does include things that work with specific expansions, but you could probably disable those pretty easily.

For lots, you can change the type by going into construction mode and using the information menus in the upper left corner. If you put in something like a restaurant (for example), there is a list of specific items your lot must include to meet the minimum requirements for that lot type. Makes neighborhood building easier so you can enjoy more real play time.

For your vamps, I've found any time you put up walls, even if you convert them to fences, it counts as an indoor area so you won't cook your bloodsuckers.

anything