Author Topic: queued actions disappearing when switching between Sims in one household  (Read 3008 times)

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
Hope someone can shed light on playing a multi-Sim household please. I have only just started playing a game with two Sims in one household. Before that I only played with one Sim so this never happened.

I queue up several things for Sim 1 to do and then take Sim 2 to the other world to get some collectibles. When I want to see how Sim 1 is doing while Sim 2 is collecting, I click "care for self" on Sim 1 (the little crooked arrow on portrait of Sim 1 at the bottom of screen). I then get the option on the menu to switch control back to Sim 1. When I do this, I find all the actions I have queued for him to build his chosen skill have disappeared and he is sitting at the computer happily browsing away.

I tried this several times and it happened each time, even when switching within only a few minutes of time in the game when Sim 1 couldn't possibly have finished all the actions already.

How do I stop actions in the queue disappearing from one Sim while I have control of the other one? Is that even possible? Surely it must be otherwise how do you micro-manage a family???

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: queued actions disappearing when switching between Sims in one household
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 10:08:01 AM »
I believe it has to do with the fact that you are traveling.  It cancels out any queued actions.  You can certainly do it while they are all on the same lot, but not when one is home and the other is elsewhere.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 03:20:37 PM »
Thanks Shewolf13. Ok, I guess I sort of get it if Sim 2 is travelling to another world but it just doesn't seem right if they are travelling within their own world, just to the park or the library or something.

So time keeps going and the Sim you are controlling is following her queued actions but all other Sims in a household are uncontrollable in fact and doing whatever they want to?

How does one then progress other members of a family in their daily tasks and aspirations if you can only control one at a time?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 11:36:36 PM »
Traveling at all does that.  That "look after self" option is just that.  So I would travel with your other sims if possible.  Or say when one Sim goes to work, travel with the other, then go back as soon as the other sim gets back from work.