Author Topic: Easiest Career to Level 10?  (Read 31360 times)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
Easiest Career to Level 10?
« on: November 20, 2014, 11:45:41 PM »
I know that what makes a career "easy" depends on a lot of things. So let's say you have a sim with the three most useless traits you can think of, and maybe a non-career-related Aspiration (Angling Ace, for example). What career do you think would be best suited for him or her (as self-employment is not yet an option)?
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Easiest Career to Level 10?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 02:28:16 AM »
I make all my useless townie sims take the Writer Career/Author Branch. If you can make an 'inspiration' room and use the 'use screenshots to change emotions' tip, then it's pretty easy. Just plonk them 24/7 in front of a computer and let them write their life away. There's a lot of money to be made in this career too from publishing all the books your sim will eventually write.

Link to writers career.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/writer/

This link takes you to a cool guide written by justproud2b on how to use memories/screenshots to help change emotions
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21833.0.html

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 02:00:30 PM »
The cooking career is pretty easy to level.  With the after work task of make food, something your Sim will do anyways to feed themselves, the mixology skill can be leveled at no cost by going to to one of the local bars and tending the bar for a few evenings (or a few trips to the library to read the skill book), and there's a small friends requirement of 5 half way up the career ladder so you have  time to make friends normally instead of cramming a bunch out at once.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 02:49:39 PM »
Painting is decently easy to level as well, and one of the most useful careers as it unlocks the high level Easels.  It's not the easiest, but it gives you the most benefit for the time spent in it IMO.  Also the painter aspiration is a cakewalk, and painters can easily get the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration basically for free later in life.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 05:22:40 PM »
While most of the Author career is easy, the end is rather frustrating. To get to level 10, you need to submit two books to Literary Digest. Since you can only submit one book a week, you have to wait at least 2 weeks before you can possibly reach level 10. If you're willing to wait, writing is a rather easy career. But if you're impatient, like me, it can be rather frustrating.  ;)

Offline garapoes

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 03:26:38 PM »
I think cooking or painting.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 04:31:19 PM »
They all seem pretty easy now, but I think that going with ideal mood and completing that daily task are way more important now. The bar used to move fast regardless of those factors, but these two are needed to keep it moving quickly now. Before, you basically got promoted when you got the requirements met... now it's more about moving the bar and going in to work in the right mood. You can do even better if your Sim can use Work Hard to move it faster. Metro made an article about that, but I may need to edit it to put some more emphasis on those, depending on his wording of course.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 07:12:51 PM »
They all seem pretty easy now, but I think that going with ideal mood and completing that daily task are way more important now. The bar used to move fast regardless of those factors, but these two are needed to keep it moving quickly now. Before, you basically got promoted when you got the requirements met... now it's more about moving the bar and going in to work in the right mood. You can do even better if your Sim can use Work Hard to move it faster. Metro made an article about that, but I may need to edit it to put some more emphasis on those, depending on his wording of course.

I'm pretty annoyed how slow it moves myself...  I've been going to work and remaining very focused/focused the entire time with daily work done and I still only get about a bar of performance per day.   Not a huge deal, but it makes the game feel much slower, and it also makes it feel less rewarding to go to work with the right mood and with daily work done.  Now it just feels like it's a "do this or lose" kind of deal, and I don't like that. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 11:34:21 PM »
To be honest, I've had a great deal of trouble reaching the top of careers in what I would think is a decent amount of time. I feel like it's far too difficult to get a promotion in my games. I always have the right mood in the morning with all the tasks (daily and otherwise) completed and it still takes days of even "work hard" to get a promotion. I'm starting to get frustrated because I feel like I'm doing everything right, though my Sims never seem to have a life outside of their career when they have a career, and if they do have a life outside of their career then they're practically being demoted/stagnate in one place.

The only career I've made it to level 10 thus far in is the painting career, which has thus far been the easiest career for me to max. I'm doing a legacy run through to try out all the aspirations, and those are fun, yet I can't seem to figure out careers properly.

Perhaps it's a learning curve or something that I have yet to grasp with this game, but I feel like I'm either not doing something right or perhaps doing a career path is too hard. Looking at that "Play as many careers as possible" challenge just intimidates me though, as I doubt I could even get through one, let alone more.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 12:59:38 AM »
I've found that 'work hard' is not always the quickest career performance raiser! Crazy! I've had sims go to work, all tasks done etc etc and in a 'very' emotional state and when I watched what was happening to the bar I realized that 'work normal' actually moved it quicker than 'work hard'!
How confusing.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 02:41:03 AM »
It drags their fun down rapidly and makes them tense, which is why I think it's good to do half and half.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 02:43:46 AM »
If you buy Carefree sims don't ever get tense and it is possible to have the correct emotion for all 8 hours of work... which means that 'work hard' should be the best... sims logic I guess. I don't get it.  ::)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 02:46:35 AM »
Yeah, that's definitely weird!  Sim Logic... gotta love it XD

Offline ChristmasEve

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 10:58:36 AM »
May be try painter? With the buffs "plunk/bow for inspiration" using instruments and "research for art reference" on computer which both boost inspiration for an awesome 8 hours! Easy to keep sim inspired during work!

For painter career I noticed that it quite often give 'work related choice/ opportunities', pick the choice which sounds a bit more risky when having high related skill level usually results in a higher performance boost.

Also with any career use the ' negotiate for bonus' when very confident helps too.

P.s. plunk / bow for inspiration need level 3 instruments skill, research for art reference unlocked at level 2 painter career, negotiate for bonus need level 10 charisma.