Author Topic: Glitch when at the gym?  (Read 2367 times)

Offline ezza8899

• Nooboo
Glitch when at the gym?
« on: January 04, 2015, 04:29:42 AM »
My sim is trying to achieve body builder status but everytime he goes to the gym the game "freezes"and I can't interact with him. Very hard to get him to meet people to mentor when he can't talk to anyone (or do ANYTHING when there). Anyone else had the same issue? Will make it impossible to even get one career maxed before he gets old! This might be a game changer in me trying to do the Careers challenge while the game seems to be so buggy. I had several hours of play just disappear today (game shut itself down and when I reloaded I was back where I started from earlier on). (sigh)

Offline ezza8899

• Nooboo
Re: Glitch when at the gym?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 05:26:03 AM »
Ad addendum - when I went back to the game I could at least interact, but as soon as I clicked on the one person he already knew who was exercising, that sim got off the machine and the game froze - actually the whole system froze and even control-alt-delete wouldn't work. I will try the challenge one more time in Willow Creek but am getting very frustrated with it all.
Not sure if it is just Oasis Springs? Didn't have any issues with my sims visiting the gym in Willow Creek, but haven't tried the body builder aspiration before.
I was reading the story of the player who is working on achieving all the "aspirations"and envy her dedication. My sims keep getting distracted with ""living"! (Even using cheats, especially to buy things needed to get the next level.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ezza8899

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:10:22 AM »
OK is the game really glitchy at present. Started playing an older game with a family in Willow Creek and it is freezing too! Time ticks but no one moves. Great when you need to get to school/work etc. I know I play Sims way too much but have done way more hours straight before without the constant freezing I have been getting today. GRRRR

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 06:42:01 AM »
Have you tried any of these tips in the following thread?

Tips to Help with Sims 4 Crashing, Lag and Other Misc Tips.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.0.html

I am not sure if it's related, but playing older families may be glitchy due to the new patch.
It's recommended to not play older families for the time being. The following link has more information on the bug I am talking about.

Loading a family just reloads the map
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/12/loading-a-family-just-reloads-the-map/

Hope this helps. :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *