Author Topic: New patch, new careers!  (Read 9547 times)

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
Re: New patch, new careers!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 01:05:00 AM »
What I really liked the most is the life stage labels after the names. So useful in telling teens, adults, and young adults apart!
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 09:13:07 PM »
I, personally, had resolved not to use Never Weary. I found it too powerful. It was very, very easy for my painter sim to paint between 2 and five paintings, maintain a relationship, raise kids and still go out. She had all the time in the world, and I frankly was getting sick of constantly having to find ways to quietly entertain her while the others were sleeping.

Am I the only one that literally laughs at their patch notes? I love it!

A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 09:48:28 PM »
What I really liked the most is the life stage labels after the names. So useful in telling teens, adults, and young adults apart!

Definitely agree with this.  It was so annoying to have to introduce your Sim to everyone to figure out what life stage they were in. 

I, personally, had resolved not to use Never Weary. I found it too powerful. It was very, very easy for my painter sim to paint between 2 and five paintings, maintain a relationship, raise kids and still go out. She had all the time in the world, and I frankly was getting sick of constantly having to find ways to quietly entertain her while the others were sleeping.

Am I the only one that literally laughs at their patch notes? I love it!

Admittedly, Never Weary was pretty powerful.  It was the first thing I bought pretty much no matter what.  Still, I think now they should either lower it to 3000 points, or change the degrade to 25% of normal instead of 50%.  The patch notes are always pretty funny, I enjoy reading through them.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 02:49:58 AM »
Admittedly, Never Weary was pretty powerful.  It was the first thing I bought pretty much no matter what.  Still, I think now they should either lower it to 3000 points, or change the degrade to 25% of normal instead of 50%.  The patch notes are always pretty funny, I enjoy reading through them.

I have to say out of all the changes, some great, some good, some just not good at all.... the change to Never Weary has really gutted me. I loved this aspect of the game. I loved the fact that I could have my favorite sim 24/7 in a non-cheat code way.
I understand that other people don't like it... but then they don't have to get that reward for their sims. Now, however, that choice has been taken away from me... and it has actually quite upset me.

The other change I am finding not so great is the unbalanced feel between skilling up and career promotion.  It now seems that I can easily skill up my sim to level 10 in the skill and still only be at stage 2/3 of the career despite going to work everyday with all tasks completed and in the correct emotion.
At least before the skills and promotions would be fairly neck-in-neck. Now it just feels very awkward and quite tedious to go to work every day only to come home with no promotion... especially when you've hit skill level 10!

Perhaps this is not the place to air these opinions but I guess having payed over 700 hours I guess I have come to know the game quite well... and it just doesn't feel as fun for me now that some elements have changed.

I do love many of the other changes, and I'm looking forward to the first game pack... I have to shudder when I think about how long it will take to get a promotion though once you start 'cashing' in your holiday leave to take your sims on a camping holiday to Granite Falls. lol They will probably be elders and still only at step 9 of their career.  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 02:59:14 AM »
I do love many of the other changes, and I'm looking forward to the first game pack... I have to shudder when I think about how long it will take to get a promotion though once you start 'cashing' in your holiday leave to take your sims on a camping holiday to Granite Falls. lol They will probably be elders and still only at step 9 of their career.  ::)

I'm worried about this as well.  Nick is at rank 7 of his Career, and he has Entrepreneurial and he's actually LOST performance at times.  And I don't know why, he's happy the entire time he's there, his needs are fine, and he's focused for at least the first half of the day (which is the proper emotion).  If he doesn't start gaining performance again I may have to take a break from the dynasty until they re-balance it again.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 03:01:10 AM »
I'm glad someone else feels like this. It just seems that the progression is dictated by the game and not by anything that the sims do. I was toying with the same decision.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 06:51:18 PM »
Hey all, I just want to say that I recently posted a topic on the Sims 4 Feedback forum.  If anyone wants to go there and either agree or disagree with me, the link is here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/805002/feedback-on-the-hidden-changes-in-patch-1-3-18-1010?new=1
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 02:48:33 PM »
I'm glad someone else feels like this. It just seems that the progression is dictated by the game and not by anything that the sims do. I was toying with the same decision.

I'm sort of thinking it might be a bug. I just finished the requirements of my dynasty founder (2nd time), and I had a difficult time getting her promotions. However, since the new patch is out, you can click on your sim while he/she is at work. I saw her progression going up, when she came back from work it was back at the point where she started that day. I cannot imagine this was intended. The times after that it went pretty well. I tried to have her in the 'very inspired' every time she went. if I managed that and her needs were okay, she did good at work. So at that times it went like it was before the patch.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 03:14:40 PM »
@ MissZoef, I can't quite decide if it's a bug or intended! I haven't had the progress bar not move, but it is soooo much slower than before. Certain moods can actually make the progress go backwards (I've been mucking around on some test files) which, I guess is more realistic. Judging by what I've found I think it is all intended... certain rewards work in a different manner now and that seems directly linked to career performance. Either way, the changes are here to stay! 

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2014, 03:43:40 PM »
Yeah, I am guessing there will not be as many careers capped in the upcoming Tournament career challenge as would have been capped pre-patch. ;) But, we're all the same boat.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2014, 04:59:29 PM »
@ MissZoef, I can't quite decide if it's a bug or intended! I haven't had the progress bar not move, but it is soooo much slower than before. Certain moods can actually make the progress go backwards (I've been mucking around on some test files) which, I guess is more realistic. Judging by what I've found I think it is all intended... certain rewards work in a different manner now and that seems directly linked to career performance. Either way, the changes are here to stay!

Hmm, I guess you're right then.. Makes maxing out a career even harder. At least that's one of the things that has become more of a challenge instead of becoming easier.

Does anyone else notice that skills level quiker? At least, I think they do. Not entierly sure.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 07:31:15 PM »
I think that the skills level the same but because, in relation to career promotions, they rocket ahead... it seems as if they level quicker. But, that's just my guess. I don't look at how the game is made etc. I just play... a lot!  ;)

*edited. It does seem like level 1 of some skills level very rapidly. More quickly than before the patch. I've had two mixologist who max level 1 by making one drink. They just sort-of stood there behind the bar and I thought that they had got stuck but their skill bar above their head was moving up so quickly, then just before it was completely filled they suddenly poured the first drink and that maxed out level 1! So strange!

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2014, 12:32:39 AM »
I haven't noticed a change to skill gains - at a low skill, they always seemed to go up very quickly for me.  If anything, it's taking me longer to get my sims to max a skill.  It's taken more sim days to max charisma, fitness, and violin on different sims than I recall it taking before the patch.  However, that could be because I'm finding balancing skilling, working on aspirations, and career requirements more difficult, mostly due to careers.  I'm finding some of the career daily tasks are taking a very long time to complete, and my sims needs are harder to keep high as a result, making everything else more challenging.

My painting sim now finds painting fun.  I'm not sure if it's trait related, or if painting is fun for all sims, but before the patch painting decreased the fun motive in my game.

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2014, 10:14:37 AM »
I think it's trait related. I made a painting sim after the patch and painting decreases her fun. Her traits are Art Lover, Loner and Loves the Outdoors.