Author Topic: New Careers and Upcoming Changes  (Read 2371 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
New Careers and Upcoming Changes
« on: December 16, 2014, 09:08:14 PM »
Athlete and Business Careers have been added to our Guide. Both of these use Charisma fairly heavily and have a lot of CAS unlocks for you to discover.

I am glad that there is finally a way to earn decent money from the Fitness Skill in Athletics. That was kind of needed in my opinion, given people can do so in reality quite successfully.

This was a long day, starting with my girlfriend's surgery at 7am (minor same day). That was over fast, but I was determined to get these in the day they came out and my patience paid off. I am glad EA released them at noon EST as expected. Both are just as good as any other careers in the game and the phone interface received quite a bit of polish. Overall, a great update and wonderful Christmas gifts from Maxis for Simmers around the world (and of many religions given multiple types of decoration). Thanks to Bri for posting patch notes and getting links up for the Holiday decor. You all should grab that stuff while you can. I remember people wanting Christmas trees a few years into TS3 and having trouble getting them.

I confess I could've made mistakes on numbers so won't mind any corrections to my tables for these 2 Careers. I felt like some kind of superman doing a little babysitting for a time while getting these recorded after just 5 hours of sleep. If I missed something about Business Calls, Athletics' Mentoring, or Investing, please do let me know. I wouldn't mind hearing from DarkWalker or someone else who is good with XML on the amounts you may receive from investing. Y'all have something I just don't have there in the ability to get that info, but I think I did find it this time.

Happy Holidays everyone, and for once I will say that I do have a surprise myself for Guide readers (Metro usually gets to tease you). We are doing a redesign sometime around the turn of the year, and I'll be giving the Forum Community the rights to look first. We have a password protected area coming up to preview the changes, so you guys can give us feedback. Yes I'd like to build a little excitement for it, because it is a beautiful gift to us from a web designer who loves the site and our work in covering the game and thought he'd give back to my project. I'm very grateful, and things have come along wonderfully after talking to him for about 2 months about things. He did it entirely free and in his spare time. I can't wait to share it with you, but it's not quite ready yet. This is going to be a major evolution of the site for people who like to browse on mobile, because things will be much more responsive and easier to navigate than the way I'd set things up. I confess my knowledge is limited in the area of web design.

Please do give me feedback on the Career coverage as I'll be doing some editing soon, particularly to Mixology but for other things around the guide as well. I'm also setting a goal to finally get Collecting info out before Christmas, but am done making promises given the rollercoaster ride that life can be. I'm sure you all can relate.

Thank you all for the support and I look forward to the new members we're going to have in coming weeks.

Cheers,
Carl

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: New Careers and Upcoming Changes
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 06:09:08 AM »
Carl, I know yesterday was a tough, long day, but I just wanted to give a tip of the hat to you. Very impressive, indeed. You knocked out those 2 new career articles very quickly. Well done. I hope everything went smoothly with the girlfriend's surgery.

I was happy to hear that the Friend of the World Aspiration is no longer bugged with the Sim needing 5 B.F.F.s but only one, so I will get that to you soon. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.