Author Topic: Who Says Money Isn't Everything?  (Read 67676 times)

Offline TimSim101

• Nooboo
Re: Who Says Money Isn't Everything?
« Reply #225 on: January 26, 2015, 04:45:30 PM »
My very first thought when reading this challenge was "great - I'll just marry a bunch of rich sims" then I noticed I couldn't add to household or manage worlds. I hadn't been playing the game for nearly enough time to know that clever loophole callycat used.

I had Monique O'lecta as as Creative Gloomy Perfectionist. I also made her first aspiration knowledge so that she had the Quick Learner trait too. First she became a tech guru and take all 3 vacation days so she she'd still get paid, then quit and rejoin and repeat. The rest of her days were spent endlessly painting although she also dabbed her hand and writing to get some daily royalties and even carpentry in the hopes it'd be profitable. But alas she was always either sad or confident (inspired was also dominated by these two) and I could get nowhere close to those top scorers.

And of course, congratuwelldone to ClayMask, just give us newbies a chance to get going though aha ;)

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2015, 11:55:17 AM »
My score wasn't very high (although I THOUGHT it was in the beginning, Ha!), but I'm pleased to read that I was on the right track. I basically employed the same strategy as ClayMask, but I missed a few tweaks that would have made it better. Adding the lamps, going for pizza delivery, and quitting the career multiple times would have bumped my score considerably. I'm still not sure I can achieve the EPIC scores that some of you did! I'm too impatient for that. :) Congrats to all and thank you to the challenge team! This was great fun. Can't wait to get started on the next round!
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #227 on: February 09, 2015, 08:13:16 PM »
Now that the challenge period is long past, here's a link to my full challenge video:

http://youtu.be/6yKU9jIX9gk

anything