Author Topic: Could use some advice on how to do an aspiration  (Read 2203 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Could use some advice on how to do an aspiration
« on: December 02, 2014, 12:24:48 PM »
Hey all!  So as some of you may know, I am doing a Dynasty.  I just got to the point when I need to have had 5 best friends.  Now I hate the fact that there's no way to just say "hey lets not be best friends".  but since there isn't, it looks like I have to do this the hard way. 

Now since this is a challenge world, I still need my good friends at the end of the day, so:  does anyone have a tried and true method for breaking a best friend relationship without tearing the friendship bar to the ground?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
Re: Could use some advice on how to do an aspiration
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 04:46:44 PM »
I'm assuming you're doing Friend of the World? As far as I know it is bugged and there is no way to get past the requirement without cheating, as you can only have one Best Friend. Maybe it was fixed in a recent patch but I'm pretty sure you can't complete the aspiration.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 05:02:13 PM »
You can, it just requires being really, really mean to 4 of your best friends and destroying the relationship.  Unless this is a noted issue and has some other bypass for the challenge, I need to do it.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 05:53:24 PM »
Oh well then, I guess you'll have to be mean to the other best friends. I'm not aware of any other solution as of yet.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 09:19:48 PM »
If you plan to do the public enemy aspiration later you can use those that use to best friends and declare them enemies to work that aspiration also.

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 10:19:48 PM »
Sorry Dethdukk, but the only way I know is also being mean to them. Even if they die, as they now can be ghosts they still hold the BFF status. Hopefully something might come out with the new patch this month.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 10:38:56 PM »
Too late!  I bit the bullet and went through with it.  My dynasty story is pretty close up to where I am in the game.  It actually wasn't as bad as expected.  I learned a lot about friendship management and socials in the process, so nothing but benefit!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 04:00:22 AM »
Maxing athletic skill and mentoring sims at the gym really does help with the making friends requirements. The relationship gain seems quite fast, and you don't have to put the work in choosing socials.

anything