Author Topic: Re-using a sim with new traits bug?  (Read 2685 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re-using a sim with new traits bug?
« on: December 03, 2014, 05:15:20 AM »
Hi! I have had this happen to me a couple of times:

I have a sim with the active trait and when I start a new game, I load that sim from my personal gallery, change the traits to whatever else I want for the game (which would not include active) and I get the tense emotion at some point in the game, when I check why they are tense, it usually says "Not enough exercise (from active trait)" - which this sim no longer has.

It doesn't just happen with the one already created sim, but a few I have tested.  Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section.

Thanks guys!  ;D

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: Re-using a sim with new traits bug?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 01:43:19 PM »
I'm not sure about this, but:  If you load a sim to the gallery from a game, instead of right when you create it, the sim in the gallery has all the skill xp of the sim in the game.  Maybe whims/emotions carry over too?  I'm not sure how the active "tense" moodlet works.  maybe it starts a timer on that sim that gives the moodlet if it isnt fulfilled within a certain time limit?  Outside of that, no idea ;P
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 10:03:01 PM »
I thought that too, but when I checked on sims with other previous traits - it seemed ok for them.  I had one sim, Jaxon Cloudbringer, who was a child in my legacy game and he had only the one trait - active. I opened another file and grew him up to young adult, changed his traits to geek, genius, and cheeful. Saved him seperate from the old file and even changed his name - went into the brand new game and he was already at 16 days until aging up to adult and got the tense moodlet for not doing exercise.. so confusing! I tried so many different things.. I am guessing it must be a bug of some sort.. might have to go over to the official forum.. darn. Thanks for replying though dethdukk!  ;D

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 10:40:45 PM »
One other question, do they ever get the moodlet more than once?  or does it happen once then never again?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 05:00:45 AM »
Constantly.. I'm now just sending her for a jog every night instead  ;)