Author Topic: Skill books question  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Skill books question
« on: December 02, 2014, 07:46:43 PM »
It seems to me that you can't really lvl up very fast with skill books, BUT, do skill books give you other added benefits?  My chef lvld to 10 without reading any skill books.  Reading the topic on weight gain and calorie levels, I found there were recipes even my level 10 did not have.  Does reading the skill books, no matter what the level, give you more recipes?  Would that also be the case for different songs, drinks, etc.?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Re: Skill books question
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 09:22:46 PM »
I too am wondering this.  I also noticed some recipes in that list that I had not heard of even though I have had several sims max that culinary achievement.   :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:32:49 PM »
They must do something. Like that cook book that costs $2500, that must have some hidden recipes in it, maybe new ones for the cupcake factory thing?
I might have to get my level 10 cook to read the cooking ones, and see if she gets new recipes.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 10:47:46 PM »
Skill books don't have any benefit outside of some extra XP for a skill, but they have the added benefit of reading a book while leveling it.  So if you are doing the Writer career, or some of the "geeky" aspirations, your time reading books isn't completely wasted.  (has leveled those aspirations a bit.)  However, there are recipe books like the ones you mentioned that you can buy to gain those recipes yes.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)