Author Topic: The Ridarinn ISBI (Abandoned)  (Read 11662 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: The Ridarinn ISBI
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2015, 03:52:55 AM »
Chapter Seven, Part Two

Richard:  All the kids came home pretty exhausted the day after Aiden grew up.  Kat got to a B, congratulations Katelynn!  Eliza says she should have gotten a B too, but the teacher apparently forgot to change her grade.  Maybe tomorrow.

Richard:  Liz and Aiden are getting along really well.  Kat's been pretty busy with her school work recently, so they have been spending a lot more time together.

Richard:  Also, Robyn recently gave birth to our fourth, and final child.  She decided to name her Arianna.  Sadly, I seem to have lost the pictures of her as a nooboo.

Richard:  Eliza and Aiden ran off after school on Wednesday, and spent the entire night talking.  I don't mind much, as they were visible from the house, but I do wish they'd checked in first.  At least Aiden got his homework done while they were out there.

Richard:  Since the other kids were off doing their own thing, I decided to teach Kat how to play chess.  She seems to enjoy it, as she spent about 4 hours playing it even after I'd stopped mentoring her. 

Richard:  The next day found Aiden and Lizzy hanging out again while Kat focused on her studies.

Richard:  I helped with her homework,

Richard:  Then she did her extra credit work by herself. 

Richard:  I was kind of busy taking care of a newly grown up Arianna.

Richard:  Around the dinner table that night, we were discussing what we wanted to do for the weekend.  Since we weren't planning on having any more Nooboos, and Arianna had just grown up, it seemed like the perfect time for a family outing.  Unfortunately we couldn't go to Granite Falls, as apparently it had been closed for the season.  We've decided that we're going to go spend a day at the park instead.

Richard:  It's weird, how seeing their other siblings doing their homework seems to make my kids want to do their own.  It started with Arianna, then Aiden wanted my help with his (though I'm still not sure if he's allowed to "do it all in his head"), then Eliza decided to work on hers...

Richard:  And apparently Aiden's feeling a little jealous of all the attention Kat got from Robyn for her good grades, because he promptly sat back down to work on his Extra Credit too.

Richard:  Honestly though, I think he needs to work on it alone.  Chatting with Liz was way too distracting for him to be able to concentrate.

Post-Story Story:

Alright, that's a little more like it when it comes to speed!  I'm not sure what happened to a couple of my nooboo pictures of Arianna, but either way I'm pretty happy with the time I covered in this chapter. 

Speaking of Arianna, she's such a pretty kid.  And the only one to inherit Richards hair, which makes her special!  Aiden has been a lot of fun, he gets along great with both of his sister but him and Liz seem to be spending a lot more time together.  I haven't had Arianna around long enough to know how she'll be with the other kiddos yet.

Kat's been working pretty hard.  She's the first kid to reach a B, and the only one so far to max out a skill (motor).  She's amazingly close to finishing whizkid, but since I can't tell her to make emotion potions, it's just a matter of luck at this point.

Robyn's all done with Nooboos.  Or apparently I am and she isn't... Both her and Richard put up "try for baby" whims at the same time, and I was amazingly tempted to let them fulfill them... but I'd already said I was done at 3 pregnancies, no matter what happened. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2015, 04:29:40 AM »
Oh my gosh! So much to love... the 'do it in my head' homework lol. The kids coming home exhausted, what a great screenshot. I also think you are such a meanie not letting such a lovely Mr and Mrs sim have that last child they so obviously want.  :P  Oh and Arianna looks really pretty as far as I can tell, nice to see the dark hair making a return.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2015, 04:51:34 AM »
@Nettlejuice - Disadvantage of being the spouse of an ISBI founder I suppose heh.  With Arianna born tho, that'll be all for her!  Though as I mentioned, apparently she wanted to try again heh.

@Playalot - Sadly, unless I choose to use Arianna as the heir, that's about as far as the dark hair will be going.  I wanted to let them do another try for baby, especially since both of them put up a whim for it, but...   it's time to move on!  Enough of that having kids sillyness.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2015, 05:24:39 AM »
Those poor kids, I'd be so tempted to take care of them. Now that there won't be any more nooboos Rich and Robyn can have more time for themselves while the kids are at school.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 03:13:39 PM »
I have just been reading through this and I have to say your tactic is brilliant for the points. Do you mind if I kind of copy that if I ever do a ISBI? Or atleast adapt it :)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2015, 04:44:00 PM »
I have just been reading through this and I have to say your tactic is brilliant for the points. Do you mind if I kind of copy that if I ever do a ISBI? Or atleast adapt it :)

Certainly, feel free!  That's the main reason I do the post-story story. 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 11:34:00 PM »
Chapter Eight, Part One

Richard:  Today started out as normal.  Robyn and I woke up early to get our daily exercise in before we headed off to the park.  Arianna decided to join us, as she'd woken up before her siblings.

Richard:  The kids seemed pretty excited to be at the park.

Richard:  Kat and Aiden took off right away.  Arianna and Eliza wanted to get a quick chat and hug in before they joined them.

Richard:  The kids all spent the early part of the day meeting all the new people around the park.

Richard:  After a couple hours of introductions and chatting, they regrouped for a go at the jungle gym.

Richard:  Robyn and I were more interested in spending time with each other.  It's been a while since we didn't have any nooboos to worry about, and our kids are able to handle themselves.  For the most part.

Richard:  After a quick lunch break, the kids split up into 2 groups.  Arianna and Katelynn chatted over by the back of the park while Liz and Aiden stayed on the jungle gym.

Richard:  Arianna was pretty diligent about cleaning up after them.

Richard:  For the rest of the afternoon, the kids played on the monkey bars and pirate ship.  I was somewhat surprised at how many kids were there, I didn't think we had that many in town.

Richard:  Meanwhile my wife and I were still pleasantly occupied. 

Richard:  We decided to make some food for everyone, which is when I realized that grim had decided to come hang out.  Apparently I'm a pretty good cook, as most of the people in the park joined us.  We headed home shortly thereafter, as it was getting rather late.

Richard:  It's a couple days after we went to the park now.  Robyn and I have been spending a lot of time together, it's nice having the house to ourselves while the kids are at school.

Richard:  Kat's the first kid to have achieved an A in grade school.  I'm very proud of her, and I make sure to let her know that.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 11:34:50 PM »
Chapter Eight, Part Two

Richard:  Arianna Congratulated her too... in her own way.
Heh.

Richard:  I've been pretty busy making...  Watcher?
Hello Richard.  It's been a while.
Richard:  Since before we got the new house actually...  Where have you been?
Watching.  There wasn't really any need for me to be involved, and I thought you might enjoy your time with your kids more without me interfering.

Richard:  Then...  why come back now?
We're getting close to the time when you'll have to "Pass the Torch" so to speak.  I'm here to help you put your things in order, get ready for me to move on.
Richard:  Oh...  will I ever hear from you again?
Well we've still got a while before I'll be moving to your heir.  And besides, I'll still be around... I just won't be actively helping you with your life anymore.  I know it's seems like I've been gone for a while, but I was always helping.  Just quietly.

Richard:  What does that mean, exactly?
*sigh*  Um...  Alright.  You know how you always had the motivation to complete your aspirations, how you always knew what you needed to do when you needed to do it?  And the determination to do it even when you didn't really want to?
Richard:  Yeah, I suppose so.
That was all me.  From now on, you'll do whatever you want to, when you want to.  It'll be, perhaps, a less focused life...  but you'll get to learn what you truly want to do.  All those aspirations, all the skills you've built up, all that was with my help.  When I leave, you'll be entirely on your own.  Even I don't know what you'll do.
Richard:  I'm not sure if that sounds like a good thing...
It is, or at least it will be once you're used to it.  You might feel a little unmotivated, or maybe just lonely for a while.  I'll still be here if you want to talk, I just won't be able to guide you.

Still, you've got a wonderful family, a beautiful wife, and 4 adorable children.  I'm sure you'll find some way to occupy your time.

For now, just do whatever you feel like.  The only thing I ask is that you finish your Violin skill before Aiden becomes a teen.  Kind of part of a plan I put in place a long time ago, that I've been rather lax in enforcing recently.
Richard:  I'm sure I can do that.  So...  Does that mean that Aiden will be the Heir?

Most likely.  Truthfully, Kat was a pretty strong contender.

Richard:  So what do I do now?
Same as you've always done.  There's really nothing that's changed, not yet.  Well, outside of the fact that you now know what's going to happen.  Go be with your family, help with their homework, hug your kids, kiss your wife.  Whatever you want to do, you're free to do it.  Enjoy.

Aiden:  Oh please oh please can I get a new toy?  I promise I'll not ask for any more!
Robyn:  That's what you said last time buddy.
Aiden:  But this time I really mean it!  Pleeeease?
Robyn:  Well... I suppose I can get you ONE more toy. 

Kat and Liz:  *deep breath, blowing*

Kat:  Aw dang it I missed some...

Eliza:  Woo, good job sis!  Wait, does this mean I'm older than you now?
Kat:  No, I was still born first!

Eliza:  Alright lil sis, whatever you say.  Well that birthday took up most of our time... I think we better get our homework done.  Wouldn't be a good idea to miss homework on the first day of Highschool.

Eliza:  I'm going to beat you to an A this time though.  You just got ahead last time cause I was tired that one day.
Katelynn:  *munch munch*  Mumbles something about never gunna happen *munch munch*

Richard:  Is it safe to assume that your sister doesn't know you're doing your extra credit?
Kat:  Well if she did she might do it too, and then how would I beat her?

Richard:  I suppose I'm glad that me and Nick were never really competitive...  I love my brother but he has a mean side.
Kat:  Since when do you have a brother dad?  You're not going crazy as you get older are you...

Post-Story Story

Alright, I've decided against keeping it "in the mind" only...  I like that way of writing, but it occurs to me that half of my jokes/puns/whatever require there to be multiple parties speaking... and also that it was getting stale.  Or it seemed like it to me anyways... so we're back to me writing however I want, and everyone can deal with it!  DEAL WITH IT I SAY!

The twins grew up!  They're both very pretty, but I need to kill off that hat.  Man I hate hats.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2015, 03:17:00 AM »
*Dealing with it*

Great chapter or two. It's so cool seeing the kiddies grow up and boy is it getting close to passing the torch time! I think it will seem so strange not being able to control Richard any more. The twins are very pretty sims. I agree 'bout the hat!  :P
Can't wait to see how your strategy kicks in.  :)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2015, 11:06:03 AM »
Some hats just do not work! Great update, and it is nice to see their own characters, not that I didn't mind Richard narrating  ;)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 12:41:03 AM »
Chapter Nine

Happy Birthday Richard!
Richard:  Thanks Watcher.  You know, considering I'm aging to elder today I feel like I look pretty good. 
The question is more how you look afterwards...

Hey Aiden.  Bad day at school?
Aiden:  Yeah!  I made a really cool project and the teacher gave it a B just cause some other kids looked better.  He didn't even do much work on it, he just covered it with sparkles at lunch.
Eh, don't worry too much about it.  You're still doing fine in school.

Eliza:  You wouldn't be sending pictures to that boy in your class would you?
Kat:  Well yeah, he's cute.
Eliza:  Of course.  I'm going to play a game of Blicblock, want to join in?
Kat:  Nah, I want to do some laps around the pool.

Arianna:  So whats high school like?
Kat:  Pretty much like grade school, only a lot more reading.  Look at how thick this book is!  And it's only one out of six.

Aiden:  Why'd you change into PJ's already?
Kat:  Cause they're comfy, duh.
Eliza:  Don't be mean sis.  Here, check this out...

Liz:  So first, you don't want to keep a constant color.  Mixing the paints together by hand as you work will cause your shades to be slightly different, which actually makes a painting look better overall.  You just can't have too much variation is all.
Richard:  Very good Liz!  You're learning quick.

Robyn:  Well, looks like it's time.  Happy birthday dear.

Richard:  Gah!  I'd almost forgotten the back thing...

Kat:  Ugh, school is so annoying.  When I tell the teachers that I already know what we're learning in class, they just say "Well this will help you to remember it in the future" or "Practice makes perfect", blah blah blah.

Kat:  Still, I'm pretty proud of where I'm at with my grades though.  Got my A already!
Robyn:  Which is exactly what should happen with how smart you are.  Right Arianna?
Arianna:  Um...  Yes mom.

Robyn:  I know it's hard having to do work you've already got a firm grasp on, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.
Arianna:  Maybe you can study other stuff when you get done with your work for the class?  That's what I do while I'm waiting for the other kids to finish.

Kat:  *stretches*  That wasn't a bad movie.  I enjoyed it anyways.
Robyn:  I've seen it way too many times, it bored me to tears.  I'm going use the gaming pad.

Kat:  Enjoy your swim?
Eliza:  I did!  I didn't really like swimming as a kid cause I couldn't touch the bottom, but now that I can it's much more fun.  I like just floating in the water and feeling like I'm weightless.  Hey dad, want to play some chess?
Richard:  Hm?  Oh sure, go set up the board and I'll join you shortly.

Richard:  So why the sudden interest in chess?
Eliza:  Well there's a chess club at school, and a few of my friends are in it.  I want to join, but I also don't want to lose all the time.
Robyn:  Well you probably shouldn't have chosen to play against your father then.
Richard:  Now sweetie, don't say that, she'll get discouraged.  But yeah, you probably should have chosen someone else to practice with.

Richard:  Checkmate.
Eliza:  Wait, what?  Again?  Ugh, I thought I was getting better...
Richard:  You are, but chess really isn't a game you pick up in a couple hours.  Go grab the Logic book I wrote off the shelf, there's a section in there for chess.  If you want you can take it to school and read it there, it's got a bunch of good tips on how to play.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 09:18:36 AM »
I'm with Kat, PJs are just too comfy to ever change out of  :P Happy birthday to Richard, I feel it's too soon to move on to the next heir but the show must go on.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 11:58:53 AM »
I'm glad to see that you gave Richard another chance at fatherhood!
Also, it's surprising how orderly your family seems, even without your controlling them.
Haha, everyone in your family this time is so nice! Not a single incident of dollhouse-destruction so far!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2015, 04:58:10 PM »
Aw Richard still looks FINE as an elder.  :P I wanna see him coaching/mentoring Kat!

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: The Ridarinn ISBI (Abandoned)
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2015, 03:36:35 PM »
Hey mods, just letting you know that this can be moved to the graveyard, I won't be continuing with it.  Thanks!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty