Author Topic: Placing copies in edit town mode question  (Read 6492 times)

arclight

Placing copies in edit town mode question
« on: October 18, 2010, 09:42:12 AM »
I seem to have a contractor who has a 'The-End-Is-Nigh!' bunker complex. Nearly everytime I try to place a copy of a house I've made, it looks ... impacted, like it fell from the sky. I've tried leveling the lot before hand; I've tried actually building the home at a higher elevation; but most every time, it's half buried. A little help here would be appreciated; I'm not sim-ing a mole person. ( No CC, TS3, TS3:WA, TS3:HEL, TS3:A, TS3:FLS)

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: Placing copies in edit town mode question
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 10:05:49 AM »
Hi arclight and welcome to the forum.  Are you placing these homes on a pre-made EA lot that comes with your particular town?  Are you building these homes on pre-made EA lots?  If the answer to these questions is yes, then I am stumped.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

arclight

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 10:46:10 AM »
Both pre-made and placed by myself; right now I'm dealing with the opposite problem (strange, I know) My house is "perched" on the lot. As you can see, I've had to 'lower' my garage, and before the placement, there were no stairs; where the flame-torchy-guys are was ground level. I really wish there was some sort of auto adjust to this thing

Offline caliban

• Llama Wrangler
  • Creature Robot Cross-Breeder
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 09:16:20 AM »
I think it looks kinda rad like that, in your last picture.
Gives it a very cool multi-level effect.

Still frustrating since it's not what you intended, but does look neat.

Sorry I have no suggestions for a fix : \
Please don't go. The Drones need you. They look up to you.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 03:14:26 PM »
It looks like you've placed you house on a slope, which isn't always visible when you choose a lot, or place a lot.  Smoothing the lot beforehand  doesn't work.  So, what you do is put your house in place and use the terrain tool that smooths/softens the edges.  It will take a bit of work and your house STILL might not look right.  The best way I've found is to put the house on a lot that is too big for it.  So if the intended house was a 30x20 make or use a lot that is the next size up.  This will place the house right in the middle of that lot so your path to the house and/or driveway will have to be extended but it will make the edge smoothing easier and more normal looking.  Otherwise your house winds up either sunk in the ground, perched on a steep, angular shelf, or both depending on the lay of the land.

I'm running into this a lot as I remodel Twinbrook to suit my aesthetic desires.  Swamps do not appeal to me so I'm trying to turn it back into a viable and attractive community.  It's quite a challenge and means adding a lot of lots where there were none.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

arclight

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 12:45:04 AM »
Aye, it is frustrating; I too think that multi-level look looks cool, and it would be if I could just hit that magic pixel and line it up with the level above it  :-\ Otherwise, Joria is right; much landscaping with the soften edge tool ... and it *still* doesnt have that proffesional look that im aiming for

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 02:45:25 AM »
It really is hard to do.  Sometimes you can only go so far than hide edges with landscaping.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything