Author Topic: Whims & Satisfaction  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Whims & Satisfaction
« on: November 07, 2014, 03:43:21 PM »
Metro penned a piece on Whims, Changing Aspirations, & Satisfaction that should be enlightening to some of you and help you gain more Satisfaction for purchasing Rewards. There are a lot of little tips to be found in this one, although I think the best information people will learn is that they don't need to stay on one Aspiration all the time. I myself need to be more proactive about cancelling Whims I don't want to do for that Sim, or those would take too much time. Thanks, Metro!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Whims & Satisfaction
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 04:06:55 PM »
Another great guide as always. One thing I didn't see mentioned is that the first whim seems to be tied to your sims current emotional state so if there is a whim in that slot you want to complete you should try to do it quickly before you sims emotion changes. The other two seem to be more tied your sims traits and don't change until completed or canceled.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 04:19:20 PM »
Thanks! I edited it into the section about how Whims spawn so that people are aware. Good catch. :)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 04:49:27 PM »
Something I noticed about any aspirations with goals that are the same as other aspirations (like the popularity ones).  I'm not 100% on this, but as far as I can tell, they don't give 3x satisfaction.  They seem to only progress while you're actually in that aspiration, and then you only get the reward points for one of them but it completes all 3.  Don't know if this should be noted in the guide (or even if I'm right for sure heh).  I'll try it out now and see.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 06:39:46 PM »
You're absolutely right. I just tested it myself. I think it is when the Milestone is named exactly the same. In this case, 'New in Town'. It clears for all of them and only gives the Satisfaction for one. I'll have to find a way to work that in now. Thanks for the help.