Author Topic: Sims 4 Not Loading  (Read 2332 times)

Offline bigtoddhead

• Nooboo
Sims 4 Not Loading
« on: April 12, 2015, 11:04:07 PM »
have just uploaded get to work, downloaded holiday expansion, when attempting to start game, shows "sims4" logo screen, stops there. do not get the plumbob with rotating blue around it where game loads. any thoughts or help will be appreciated. am running with several mods to game.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Not Loading
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 02:40:58 AM »
have just uploaded get to work, downloaded holiday expansion, when attempting to start game, shows "sims4" logo screen, stops there. do not get the plumbob with rotating blue around it where game loads. any thoughts or help will be appreciated. am running with several mods to game.

Get rid of the mods.  Every time there is an update more mods get broken and they in turn break your game.  So, get rid of the mods.  Then reboot.  Not restart, total reboot.  Then go repair game which will download all your new stuff and should fix your game.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 09:09:47 AM »
Anytime there are updates/patches/EPs you should remove your mods folder before installation and then put them back in one by one.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline bigtoddhead

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:05:49 PM »
Thank you Joria and Nettlejuice. will pull mods out, and begin again. I am not what one would say is the most computer literate, GOD graced me with more of a mechanical mindset, (this is why I have been in the automotive industry for nearly 20 years (lol)). If I can return the favor, please do not hesitate to ask. -Todd