Author Topic: Career Salary Totals - A Quick Reference Guide  (Read 7538 times)

Offline melbrewer367

• Nooboo
Career Salary Totals - A Quick Reference Guide
« on: October 24, 2014, 02:27:22 AM »
Hey everybody! I recently shared a couple of reference guides over at modthesims that I created that can be used with Carl's Guides so I wanted to make sure I share them here too!

Carl's Guides are really thorough and provide tons of information but, perhaps you want to give your sim the highest paying career? So you scroll through the guide just looking at how much the highest level makes per hour. You see the Tech Guru - Start Up Entrepreneur at level 10 makes $516 per hour and that's the highest hourly rate so you sign your sim up for that career. One problem though. Your sim is only working 15 hours a week which comes to only $7740 a week. There are 9 other career options that pay out more per week at level 10 then the Tech Guru does! So, I put this information together so you can see how much each career is truly worth!

The method: I took the hours per day and multiplied it by how many days you work in a week and multiplied that number by the hourly wage. This calculated the total salary for one work week. I have used one work week for each career level. I have also added the CASH that you can get as a reward for promotions. I did not include ITEMS that you receive with the promotion (which you could then sell for money). The final number is the accumulated total for all 10 stages and all cash promotion rewards.

The flaws/other considerations: These numbers are not absolute values. Just because a career says that you will make $55,000 accumulated through all 10 stages does not mean that is how much YOU will actually get. This is because you may need less than a week or more than a week to advance to the next stage. Also, the "Connections" trait will effect your career. This is ONLY THE CASH VALUE. You should keep in mind that a lot of these careers can be supplemented through extra work/income from home like royalties from books for the writers, royalties from apps/plugins/games for the tech guru, and selling paintings to collector/museum if you're a painter. Keep in mind you don't have to be in one of those careers to make money from home with those things either. You could get a higher paying career and supplement with these things and make even more then if you got the corresponding career. Like an Interstellar Smuggler that writes Science Fiction novels at home is going to make way more then a Creator of Worlds writer is going to make from work and royalties (depending on the skill quality and how many books they write of course). 

Here's the quick list from Most money to Least followed by a detailed breakdown of each career/branch.

$61,795 - The Boss - Criminal
$55,944 - Interstellar Smuggler - Astronaut
$52,280 - Triple Agent - Secret Agent
$51,416 - Space Ranger - Astronaut
$51,211 - Show Stopper - Entertainer
$50,835 - Start Up Genius - Tech Guru
$49,657 - Champion Gamer - Tech Guru
$45,551 - Concert Virtuoso - Entertainer
$43,935 - Double Diamond Agent - Secret Agent
$42,675 - The Oracle - Criminal
$39,923 - Scribe History - Writer
$38,809 - Celebrity Chef - Culinary
$38,778 - Celebrity Mixologist - Culinary
$37,721- Creator of Worlds - Writer
$31,938 - Patron of the Arts - Painter
$30,631 - Master of the Real - Painter

And here's the detailed breakdown by career type. The colors in these don't matter. I've just used the blue and green to separate the different branches.

Here are the amounts for the teen careers (which anyone can have with this mod by plasticbox that can be found on modthesims.info).

Manual Labor - $4608
Retail - $2852
Babysitter - $1804
Barista - $1792
Fast Food Employee - $1763

I hope you find this helpful!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Career Salary Totals - A Quick Reference Guide
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 02:55:40 AM »
I was looking for something exactly like this earlier today. Thank you for sharing this info.  :) I was going to sit down and figure it all out myself and now, thank goodness, I don't need to! Much appreciated melbrewer367
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline melbrewer367

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 03:10:05 AM »
Ha! Good timing then! That's basically why I made it. I wanted as much money as possible and couldn't find the answers anywhere else!

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 03:29:34 AM »
It's great to have a list like this :)  Of course, some professions give better ways to make money during time off which are hard to quantify.  One that this is particularly true for is painting, where you get a better easel and the ability to sell your paintings to a gallery.

Offline melbrewer367

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 03:42:48 AM »
Yes, that's very true! That's why I made sure to put in a little part about that because if you do it right you can make a pretty good chunk of change in the "non-traditional" ways.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 04:15:00 AM »
This is great and will be real handy. Bookmarking this now. Thank you for sharing this. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline melbrewer367

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 04:25:22 AM »
You're welcome!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline arcadiana

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 03:23:16 PM »
Wow, this is great! And so much for crime doesn't pay right?  ;)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 07:25:37 PM »
This is great ! I must Bookmark this post . Thanks so much for sharing !  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline melbrewer367

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 10:14:35 PM »
Wow, this is great! And so much for crime doesn't pay right?  ;)

Right? Looks like it does after all!

anything