Author Topic: Ambrosia guide  (Read 2747 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Ambrosia guide
« on: October 21, 2014, 08:42:10 AM »
Thanks for adding this well written guide.  You can catch angelfish at any fishing level?  In the fishing guide it says that the message when you reach level 7 that you can now catch a mysterious fish that lurks in the depths of each fishing spot is probably referring to angelfish.

This isn't a correction but you could add that cooked ambrosia is very valuable when sold.

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: Ambrosia guide
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 11:09:51 AM »
I have had no problem catching angelfish at all levels of fishing skill. The guide says they are hard to catch, but that hasn't been my experience at all.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 12:28:42 PM »
My Sim didn't catch them often.  Where were you fishing Devin, and what bait were you using when you've caught so many?

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 01:35:35 PM »
I'm fishing around Oakenstead (the river beside the lot, not across the street from it) and I'm not using any bait at all. I've had absolutely no problem catching them. They just glitch when I mount them and hang them on the wall. I think a single sim (fishing level at, I think, 6) has caught about a dozen of them so far. I catch these more than anything other than Perch.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 04:38:34 PM »
Actually, the Guide to fishing says that I think it's the Anglerfish that is the mysterious fish that lurks in the depths, since those are fish found deep in the ocean. I can see how that tricked you, as I had to read it twice myself when I was doing this guide to Ambrosia. Anyone know the sell value of Ambrosia off the top of their heads?

It took me probably 200 catches or more to get an Angelfish, hitting up sylvan glade, the ponds with fountains in that one Oasis Springs neighborhood pictured in the Guide, and a river spot by my Sim's house in Willow Creek. Only at level 10 did I get one. It's not a fish that is listed at level up, so I presume they are catchable even at level 1 if you get very lucky. I was not so lucky and found it to be the hardest part of all the things you need to do to make Ambrosia. Of course, when I did the fishing Guide, angelfish was one of the first uncommon catches my Sim made :P However, I can't say I've ever had a lot of them.

I haven't ever caught one and had it mention the bait, so right now assume it's a fish that doesn't have one. If someone sees that notification you caught an Angelfish and it says the bait used, that would be the class of bait we need for this fish. I did try several types, since i knew fishing with bait wouldn't make it uncatchable (mainly small fish - koi, minnow, and perch). Right now I think that fishing with bait might make it even harder given you will be likely to catch something else in that spot that DOES take bait. I would not try organic bait given it would raise the likelihood you catch catfish, which would probably make it harder because they're in the same spots.. so I'm really not sure what would even qualify.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 12:59:39 PM »
Ambrosia value -- around $3000 (don't have exact value, it changes from dish to dish, dunno why).

I did noticed I have a harder time catching angelfish at level 10 and easier time catching them at level 6, go figure. 

anything