Author Topic: The Immortals at Eldersymm Hall!  (Read 12814 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Immortals at Eldersymm Hall!
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 01:21:46 PM »
The Foxes regularly have the postdude walk through their house from the back, casually strolling, on his way, through the front door, to deliver the mail. Nice.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
9. The Portrait of a Lady
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2014, 11:50:06 AM »
This update sort of writes itself. You hardly need me interrupting. This was Lyric finishing off her friendship requirements: Post Girl is back, and Lyric was multitasking here as she talked to Grim online.

Lyric has quite a sly look there. As you would if you were friends with Death. Her age bar had been full for about two days already, and she had both warnings about death from her friend Grim. Maybe I had cut it fine, but on the other hand Don was still alive - and he reached elder before Lyric did. I guess one day I'll have a sim die soon after getting the final warning and realize how lucky Lyric was.

Anyway, Lyric couldn't eat ambrosia yet because Jess had too cook it, but she was out, and it was also the twins' adult birthday.

Oh, and Rosalind aged up to a teen in the upstairs bathroom. This is the very moment. With the obligatory selfie. And she did get a sad moodlet for a forgotten birthday (I was hoping to get her through a second child aspiration, so she was madly skilling up but didn't quite make it), so to stop the family from rebelling against a Watcher who overworks them (I had a twinge of compassion, but don't tell anyone), I thought missing the twins' birthday was not acceptable. I don't want one of the smart sims to start a union against me. They'll demand absurd things like a steampunk cupcake bar.

Jess had two gold parties so far, and it seemed sensible to try for a gold birthday party now. You don't want to run out of birthday opportunities, and I don't like sims being sad. Lyric would just have to not-die until the party was over.

Tommy was around somewhere, and he used the same cake. But he's a loner and doesn't like being in photos.

After the party, which started late and went on until after midnight, Jess made her mom ambrosia. She resisted greatly, because her energy bar was so low. I wasn't sure whether I should leave it until the morning for Jess' sake, but I was on the other hand properly worried that Lyric might die any moment.

So at about 2am, the founder of the legacy ate ambrosia for the first time. And will hopefully be kept alive with it. You can tell there was a party because that counter is dirty again, and through the opening door there's the ghostly arm of Eugi.

Jess had left the ambrosia on a counter, and Lyric had to be woken up to eat it. It's quite a journey from the bedrooms upstairs for an elder sim, and I was genuinely worried Eugi, being a ghost, would eat the ambrosia before Lyric got to it. Of all the bizarre ways to fail a dynasty, that would be right up there.

The museum photo. The only masterpiece is the lighthouse, bottom left. All 6 types are represented, there are two pop-art. The eighth painting is an angry one - the shark. I figured that if I need to make a sim angry for the Soul Mate aspiration, I can just send them to the museum. It's the bottom floor of the east wing.

--------------------------------------------

When Ros became a teen, and went to the mirror to change, I took a few screenshots.

Tommy has that narrow shoulder, wide waist body shape that in CAS you'd never pick. He looks unfit even when he isn't.

I first thought Rosalind has Don's eye colour, but she doesn't. Don's eyes are much greener, and there's a close-up of Jess to show that her eyes are light brown. So Ros has a mixture of the two. She's got Don's hair and skin colour, and with those eyes, is... a very good-looking sim.

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2014, 06:31:22 AM »
Congrats on your first Immortal Lyric! Well done! Now I guess it's all up to Jess (sorry.. bad rhyming..)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2015, 09:29:24 AM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.  @Heart Foam - you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.

Original Storyboard:  The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Stories

anything