Author Topic: How do you make a ceiling?  (Read 27669 times)

Offline Lyubasha

• Llama Wrangler
    • Sims 3 Stuff - Marchenko Family
How do you make a ceiling?
« on: April 08, 2014, 11:59:31 AM »
Hello.

I've just restarted on Sims 3 Pets. I build my houses by first making the basement with the basement tool, then putting down a floor and painting the walls. After placing the stairs, I put a foundation over the basement. The main house is a big room (15x15) and then I use walls to make the smaller rooms.

Why can't I see the ceiling? Is there a specific command to make it? My Sims are complaining of unfinished rooms. I didn't put wallpaper on the hallway walls and I tried to see the ceiling but cant.

Thanks in advance,

Lyuba Marchenko

Offline jesirose

• Occult
Re: How do you make a ceiling?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 03:06:35 PM »
It's because you don't have wallpaper or anything on the walls.
- Jessica

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 07:13:02 PM »
To make a ceiling, you need to move the camera up to the level above the one where you want a ceiling.  Then you place floor tiles over the room where you want the ceiling.  If there is not going to be anything up there (for example if you are just under the roof) then the free wood tiles are as good as anything. 

When you go back down to look at your room below, if you tilt the camera up you will see the bottom of those floor tiles you just placed, and that will be your ceiling.  You can place floor tiles up there if you want to change the look of the ceiling.

But jesirose is right about the unfinished room moodlet.  You do not need to have a ceiling to get rid of that moodlet.  You need to have wallpaper and flooring.

Offline Justin2108

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 03:46:55 PM »
Add roof and all should be fine.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 02:10:13 AM »
I've never messed with having a ceiling.  So, doing it by putting floor tiles on the level above, you're going to have the same tile on your downstairs ceiling that you have on the floor above it?

Also, I'm moving this to the Building and Construction board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 09:04:10 AM »
I've never messed with having a ceiling.  So, doing it by putting floor tiles on the level above, you're going to have the same tile on your downstairs ceiling that you have on the floor above it?

Also, I'm moving this to the Building and Construction board.

No, I think you can put different tiles there, you just have to do the floor above first, then pan around to do the "ceiling" under them.
- Jessica

Offline Randox

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 10:46:11 PM »
I usually make a ceiling by flooring the next level up (if I want a ceiling). Occasionally, I will add a border in the ceiling by dropping the camera down and tilting up until the ceiling is visible. It's a laborious process that you'll probably only appreciate in screenshots, so this may or may not be worth it to you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 08:32:29 AM »

I know this is an old thread but just adding from my experience:

The underside of the floor tiles you place (that is, if you look up at them from the room below) are flat white by default, regardless of what the floor looks like from above. You can leave it blank without risking an "Unfinished Room" moodlet, or can design it with any floor tile you like.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

anything