Author Topic: Collecting and Plants  (Read 4627 times)

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
Collecting and Plants
« on: September 08, 2014, 01:57:28 AM »
A similar question was asked a while ago, but no one gave an answer that helped me.

I am not finding -any- collectables in certain neighbourhoods - nothing to dig, no frogs, nothing.

My sim currently lives in the starter area of Willow Creek. I found collectables of all types (dig sites, harvestable plants, frogs etc) in this area.

I can find DIG SITES and FROGS ONLY in the common areas of Willow Creek (ie. where the library is and at the park) but no plants are harvestable.

In the other neighbourhoods with houses, there are plants but they remain unharvestable and there are NO dig sites, frogs etc

Is this a glitch? Have people been able to find collectables in other neighbourhoods beyond what I am getting currently? What about harvesting plants? Is there a magic time you need to do it? When does the day restart? Perhaps I need to be there -right- when the change over happens (which if that's the case, it's illogical because my sim has a job)

Any help on this would be appreciated <3

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Collecting & Plants
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 02:25:16 AM »
I know that there are harvestable plants, dig sites and frogs in the area where the Goths live in Willow Creek. You have to look all round the area and in the tended garden behind the house that is across the road from the Goths.
Also the plants near the library are harvestable in my game. I think that you have to wait in the area until they become harvestable, you definitely have to visit an area for the plants to start growing.
There are also a few plants and frogs and dig sites in the big parks (forgotten the names) in both worlds.
I know that in  Sylvan Glades my sim had to wait ages for the plants to become harvestable.
Hope this helps!   :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 02:28:39 AM »

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 02:32:41 AM »
Thanks for the reply! I appreciate the help =]

I had an inkling you might have to kind of force them to start growing by visiting the lot.

It seems a little silly because of how long it takes to be able to harvest stuff but I shall keep trying =]

I had already seen that thread and it wasn't helpful but thank you for your reply.

What I will do, is head into each zone to force stuff to wake up then wait a few days and see what happens.

I have been over every cm of the zones I can see but I will try again and see what happens =]

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 02:43:39 AM »
Try here too  :)  http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20926.0.html

and have you read through Carls guide? It's constantly being updated. http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/

Offline radwyn

• Nooboo
Re: Collecting and Plants
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 11:39:42 PM »
I have this same issue collectibles spawn well at the home lot but very very few at other lots. This was'nt a problem when I first started playing

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 01:50:24 AM »
I have this same issue collectibles spawn well at the home lot but very very few at other lots. This was'nt a problem when I first started playing
It's always been the case for me that they only spawn on other lots if I spend a lot of time there.  Were you spending a lot of time on other lots when you first started playing, but now aren't?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 10:30:29 AM »
Yes, I do noticed they spawn on other lots if I stay there for a long time.  Usually I will fish and wait for spawn.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 10:22:49 PM »
Sometimes actually "viewing" the plant will speed things up.  I make a point of "viewing" on every lot where there are plants and they do seem to grow faster.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 11:41:08 PM »
I've had the same problem. I returned day after day, and the plant was never ready to harvest. I think it was blackberries that I had so much trouble with.

Then I figured out that your sim can just "Take Cutting" from that plant. Then go home and graft it onto another one of your plants, and the new spliced plant that grows will produce the fruit/flower/vegetable/herb that you need. Once harvested, you can plant it at home.

In order to take cuttings from plants and graft onto other, you have to be a level 7 or 8 gardener. I'm pretty sure it's level 7 but not certain.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 02:33:39 AM »
Ahh that would be because blackberries take such a very long time to grow (check out the gardening guide). You need to spend that amount of time at each small neighbourhood for the plants to grow to the point of harvest.