Author Topic: Need help with cheats..  (Read 2272 times)

Offline madmax5268

• Nooboo
Need help with cheats..
« on: October 16, 2014, 04:22:38 AM »
First i had two sims in the sims 4.. By using cheats i took them both to all the top levels of the all the careers so that i unlocked items from the build menu.. It works all the items were unlocked.. Then i started a new game with 4 sims.. But when i opened the build menu it was again showing reach level 10 to unlocked??
How can i start a new game and have all the items unlocked??

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Need help with cheats..
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 04:29:40 AM »
It's individual sims that unlock career items. So if you want items to be unlocked then you need to play the sim that unlocked them (either through career milestones/success or cheats).
Is that what you are asking?

Once a sim had unlocked items you can save that sim into your library (or gallery) and then use the same sim to start a new game. That way his/her unlocks will still be there.

Welcome to the forum by the way  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 04:41:46 AM »
If you don't mind using mods you could use the mod Unlock All Build/Buy Content Cheat Add-on. It'll add a cheat code to the game to unlock all the locked items.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline madmax5268

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 08:30:18 AM »
Playalot: Yes i do remember deleting both the sims from my library.. I have a ques.. If i unlock all items start a new game and i just evacuate the sims with the level 10 in careers.. Will the  evacuated sims be in the game eg. will my new created sim will be able to meet the bold sims in the park or in the cafe.. I dont want the old sims.. I just want to start with a new sim and the old one should not come in the game??

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 04:56:40 PM »
If you move new sims into their house by merging households, then evict the old sims you don't want. I think they become townies. (Do you know I haven't actually tried that! Not near my pc till later tonight so I can't 100% be sure.)
But, I'm not quite sure if the unlocks from the old sims will still be unlocked. I think they will.. try it, if it doesn't work you can always <delete> :)      In my generation game the unlocks from dead sims are still able to be bought by household members that didn't actually earn the rewards... so it should work

If you totally don't want the old sims you could always kill them off after merging the households... then you will definitely have the unlocks and only have your new sims.

Seems like a lot of mucking around compared to what grimsoul said about just using the build/buy cheat! But I get that because I don't use mods at all.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.