Author Topic: Unable to play a ranked chess match  (Read 7110 times)

Offline Bakta

• Nooboo
Unable to play a ranked chess match
« on: October 15, 2014, 01:29:29 PM »
Hi all,

One of my sims now has to win some game, he's skill rank 4. The problem I now face is that I can't find any interaction on either the phone, chess table or sim itself

So either I need to raise his logic skill a bit to open the interation, which seems odd. Or I'm missing something extremly obvious here.

Any help greatly appreciated

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: unable to play a ranked chess match
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 01:31:25 PM »
I haven't seen any ranked chess matches in The Sims 4.  You can still beat people in chess games without them being ranked.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 01:34:04 PM »
Is this for Sims 3 or for Sims 4? You've posted in the Sims 4 forum, and I don't believe that there are ranked chess matches in The Sims 4.

For Sims 3, I thought ranked chess matches weren't available until level 6, though it's been a while since I played and I could be wrong.

Offline Bakta

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 01:48:32 PM »
It's sims 4.

Astronaut career rank 5 has win 2 chess games as  promotion' requirement. Sorry if I used Sim 3 terminology but I see no interaction leading to chess game.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 01:50:10 PM »
The chess games don't need to be ranked.  When there's more than one Sim in the house, click on the table and select to play a game with another Sim.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 01:53:08 PM »
You don't have the option to do it on the phone or on the computer because those just aren't options. You have to do it on an actual chess table. If your sim lives alone, send them to the park to play chess, and you'll have the option on the chess board.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 05:24:46 PM »
It's sims 4.

Astronaut career rank 5 has win 2 chess games as  promotion' requirement. Sorry if I used Sim 3 terminology but I see no interaction leading to chess game.

Once you're playing a game of chess with another sim, if you watch your inspiration panel you'll easily see if you won that particular game as the requirement will go from 0/2   to 1/2 etc. As sometimes it's hard to know if your sim won or not. Also try asking the townie to hang out before starting the chess game as they can often get up and walk away mid game, which just means you don't get the game point and have to start again with another townie.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything