Author Topic: What are the different ways to die in TS4?  (Read 8252 times)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: What are the different ways to die in TS4?
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 03:44:15 AM »
I laughed a little too loudly at this one too :D I think some of these events might be set on a timer of sorts, because I  have reloaded certain games multiple times and every time, without fail, the same thing happens - toilet breaks, fridge breaks, fire starts etc. So long as certain conditions are met (or more to the point, not met) the event happens.

Maybe they call it the fate is sealed coding :D I kind of like it though just because then you can't "undo"

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »
I had one die by fire.  I wasn't ready for her to die so I reloaded the previous save, and sure enough she did it again.  (The third time I ordered pizza lol)
Did you try having her jump in the shower once she caught on fire?  That's the way to put it out in The Sims 3.  Or did you not have a shower, and she was the only Sim currently in the house?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 05:09:45 PM »
I just had a sim die from a broken heart . He proposed and was refused . Very sad way to die in my opinion .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 07:57:11 PM »
I was so surprised that my sim starting "dying from laughter!" I thought it was just a way of saying she was laughing for a while and couldn't do anything else until she was done...until the grim reaper actually showed up! I frantically tried to "cancel" the action, which we all know we can't do when death is involved. All of my other sims were at work or school. I brought her husband home from work, and he "pleaded for" my sim with the grim reaper, and the grim reaper let her live!

Then I had him make friends with the grim reaper so I could get that "badge."  ;) Everyone eventually came home from work and school and all sat around chatting with the new family friend, Mr. Reaper.

FYI: If you want your sim to die from laughter, here's how it happened, I think:

That sim had completed the Joke Star Aspiration. As a result, she has some really powerful joke telling abilities, such as "Horrifying Joke," "Best Joke in the World," and "Weaponized Joke." She was performing these actions with a sim and also using the tiki bar to make "Happy Potions," unlocked by completing the Master Mixologist Aspiration. I wasn't watching her too closely. I now know that, for some reason, when a "Master Mixologist" makes Emotional Potions (Happy, Inspiring, Flirty, etc.), they drink them immediately. I had been having her make a lot of them, intending to put them in the fridge to use as needed. I think she drank about 6 happy potions and was telling a bunch of jokes to a friend when she started dying, and the grim reaper showed up. There was also a lot of "playful" decor around.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2014, 08:58:43 PM »
Here's an article about all the different types of death: http://simsvip.com/2014/09/12/guide-death-types-in-the-sims-4/

So far I've had a sim die of overexertion, fire, and old age. I kind of want to see them all, especially with the ghosts now.