Author Topic: Death flowers missing in inventory  (Read 5052 times)

Offline catlover

• Townie
Death flowers missing in inventory
« on: August 15, 2011, 10:40:01 PM »
I had many death flowers in my inventory and for some reason they are not there anymore. My Sim has never died and I am really confused about where they went. There is nobody else in my household. I only use yellow peppers for fertilizer and I am stumped as to why the death flowers are missing. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sportsfan

Re: Death flowers missing in inventory
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 10:47:43 PM »
Did you take them traveling? I think there is a bug that makes stuff in their inventory disappear when they travel.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 10:52:19 PM »
I do not have WA, so no chance of that. Thanks for response.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 11:24:47 PM »
I have the silliest question I think I have ever asked a member when trying to solve a problem. ;D

Did you accidently put them in the fridge? I usually put my gardener's produce in the fridge, so I could imagine it being an honest mistake. I might have done this before, even!

I know you are probably laughing right now... :P

If you check and they are not there, I am sorry because I have no other ideas. Even unfunny ones. ;)
Check out my new story here!

Offline catlover

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 12:21:13 AM »
Yes, I am laughing because that's not a silly question to me because I thought the same thing, lol. I checked the refrigerator and even checked out the family inventory as well. My only other thought was if it could have anything to do with the potion to become a ghost for a day experiment. My Sim had used the potion a couple of times. I don't know exactly when the flowers disappeared though because I wasn't paying that close attention to my inventory items. I was going to give a flower to a special Sim friend and that is when I discovered they were missing. You know, while I am typing this other thoughts come to mind like, I sold stuff at the store and put things up for sell at the consignment shop. I wonder if I accidentally lost them that way? Oh geez... I guess it's just time to let it go and move on.

What are my chances that I will get more seeds to plant for them? I have visited the mausoleum and explored the catacombs several times and have been fishing as well hoping to get a mysterious box with a flower in it, but no luck so far. I hope my Sim doesn't meet up with any accidents and dies... that would really stink. I know I could always go back to a previous saves, but I would lose a lot of progress. :(

Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate them!

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 02:53:22 AM »
Yes, I am laughing because that's not a silly question to me because I thought the same thing, lol. I checked the refrigerator and even checked out the family inventory as well. My only other thought was if it could have anything to do with the potion to become a ghost for a day experiment. My Sim had used the potion a couple of times. I don't know exactly when the flowers disappeared though because I wasn't paying that close attention to my inventory items. I was going to give a flower to a special Sim friend and that is when I discovered they were missing. You know, while I am typing this other thoughts come to mind like, I sold stuff at the store and put things up for sell at the consignment shop. I wonder if I accidentally lost them that way? Oh geez... I guess it's just time to let it go and move on.

What are my chances that I will get more seeds to plant for them? I have visited the mausoleum and explored the catacombs several times and have been fishing as well hoping to get a mysterious box with a flower in it, but no luck so far. I hope my Sim doesn't meet up with any accidents and dies... that would really stink. I know I could always go back to a previous saves, but I would lose a lot of progress. :(

Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate them!
You're welcome from me, and laugh out loud!

Regarding your chances, the best way to increase your chances, I think, is either to scan the town for seeds on the ground or purchase the Collection Helper LTR and pick up as many as you can. Plant them (I don't know of any other way to find this out) and once they are sprouts or maybe mature you can go into buy mode and pick them up, revealing what the plant is.

I hope you get your death flowers back!

P.S. - After re-reading your last post, I think you probably accidently sold them. :)
Check out my new story here!

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 04:02:48 AM »
It's easy to lose stuff in the inventory when gardening, especially those that can be made into a ferltizer. Sometimes one unconciously prompts the "place the best fertilizers", and your precious stuff like deathflowers and life fruits disappear.  But hope is not lost, deathflower seeds are easy to find spawning outside the cemetery grounds. Good luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sportsfan

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 10:58:53 AM »
Theres several places. Outside the graveyard is one, and there are also special seeds on either side of 15 summerhill court.

anything