Author Topic: Search  (Read 2971 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Search
« on: September 25, 2014, 05:00:40 PM »
I've recently updated our Google Search box to begin searching carls-sims-4-guide.com - for a time, we were only getting results from the Sims 3 site, which was gradually losing Forum Posts. This should begin to update and give results for the Sims 4 site soon, though it may take hours or days. Let me know if you're not getting results for the Sims 4 Forum or Guide within the next week, and I'll investigate further. I'll try and look myself, it's just in case I forget ???

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Search
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 07:00:32 AM »
arhhh, I was just about to say something to you about this. Good thing I decided to look around first. Nothing yet coming up in the search, but it's pprobably too soon.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 10:31:12 PM »
I'm still not getting any search results from the Sims 4 Forum. Is it supposed to be working yet?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 01:05:05 AM »
Definately not getting Sims 4 results. I'd say something is amiss.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 04:18:35 AM »
I use the forum search function, and that works just fine. I restrict the search to only sims 4 boards and that really helps.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 04:20:01 AM »
how do you restrict it to sims 4 boards?

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 04:25:51 AM »
The one that is at the top between "Help" and "Profile". You can unselect all the tick boxes, and only tick the Sims 4 ones. It's under the option "Choose a board to search in, or search all" You may need to click the little + on the left hand side to open up the dropdown box. Click the "check all" button twice to unselect everything, and then just go ahead and tick all the Sims 4 boxes or wherever more precisely you want to search.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 04:30:27 AM »
Ha, well there you go. I've been here how long and can't say I've noticed that one. I think however, that Carl is referring to the Google custom search in the top right corner. That's the one I've always used, but it hasn'r updated to include the sims 4 board here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 03:14:09 PM »
I've been trying to figure out where the Google search box was you been talking about sense I didn't seem to have one.
But I just noticed there is a arrow button beside the title Carl and Pam's The Sims Forum that shrinks and expands the header that I must have forgotten about. I guess at one time I shrunk the header which hides the search box.
But like  _Annika_ I use the forums search function to just search the areas I want to help pin point what I'm looking for.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 03:35:35 PM »
The top right search now includes the Sims 4 site. I had to manually update the code to get it to work, unfortunately. However, it's working as intended and should give results for both sites.

Google may, at times, be better than searching through the forum if it's something buried just because their search algorithm is more advanced. However, I can see your point Annika and Grimsoul in that it is sometimes better to restrict search to certain boards. We have both as a functional option now :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 07:27:28 PM »
What I thought was really awesome, I was on my home page, MSN and thought I would try something.  In the search box, I typed "sims 4 gardening."  The first line was Amazon, I think and after that, it was links to "Carls guide."  I thought that was pretty cool.  I have to say, the site is out there and there is more and more new members.  Great job Carl and team. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 10:42:14 AM »
Thanks, Salty! I've been doing this a while now and am pretty proud that we're doing well in search. At a time like this it's important to help people find the site, since a new game means many newcomers who we'd like to visit the Forum.

anything