Author Topic: How Much Longer Does a Body Builder Live ?  (Read 17573 times)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
How Much Longer Does a Body Builder Live ?
« on: October 13, 2014, 09:37:21 AM »
I have three body builders in my household that are now elders . They've been elders and at the end of their life bar for a very long time . My oldest boy's wife passed on quite a while ago and now his daughter is also an elder . I'm working on a Legacy and makes it quite difficult to proceed without having to move someone out . I would really dislike having to move one of my elders out at this point in their life . Has anyone else experience this also ? Any suggestions ?
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
Re: How Much Longer Does a Body Builder Live ?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 10:30:26 AM »
A Sim with the Active trait should live 10% longer and with the Longevity trait 25% longer. An Active Sim with the Longevity trait should live 35% longer than a Sim without these traits.
Never send to know for whom the Cowplant's bell tolls; It tolls for thee...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 10:38:19 AM »
Thanks for the information , I'll go and check on their traits as I don't recall what they all are . I know for sure that they all have the active trait though . My younger couple , which one of them is my heir are ready to become elders within a few days . That means that I'll have six elders in my household . Three of them body builders that don't seem to want to pass on .  :)

Edit : Yes , all three of my body builders have both those traits . So , 35% makes a sim's life much much longer .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 10:49:30 AM »
Just for reference, could you tell me how many days old are these body builders?

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 10:52:57 AM »
It doesn't show how many days old they are . But , my oldest boy's wife passed on a very long time ago and he's still here , plus his daughter has been an elder for several sim weeks . I'll have an other look when I go in-game and see if I can find something .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 11:25:17 AM »
The elder's age should be displayed when you mouse over their lifespan tracking widget in the Simology tab. This post just got me curious about the Old Age death and how the game calculated when it was time, whether it's just a set number or a percentage chance per day sort of thing. Looking through the game files isn't very clear (to me anyway) without more digging. I did notice a statistic called BeReaped that seems to cause natural death when it reaches 100.

I've never had a Sim die of old age in my game. The Cowplant must be fed and it's always hungry. It's always hungry!

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 11:29:09 AM »
It's not displayed once you reach the end of their life. When you start to get the sparkles, the number of days no longer displays on mouseover, which is a pain. You have to mentally keep track of it after that.

This has happened to me with non-longevity sims (even without the active trait), where they get stuck at the end for longer than you'd expect to be the case. Days, sometimes even sim weeks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 11:35:01 AM »
Thanks for that bit Devin, my elders rarely last a day. It would have been nice to know how close to 100 or 135 those Sims were. I guess I'll have to test Old Age out for myself.

I hope ghosts never get the sparkles, I like to be able to see how old my ghost Sims are. Bella is 475 in my game.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 11:38:31 AM »
Since they don't die, they shouldn't get to that point. The sparkles are supposed to indicate that it's the sim's last day. It's either broken or I'm misinterpreting what it's supposed to do, but it only shows up when you get the warning that it's your sim's final day. And then I've gotten days and weeks after that warning pops up. It's probably a bug, but I'm willing to roll with it because I like my sims to live on.

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »
Found a bit that indicates Sims are granted bonus days based on the type and duration of moods possessed by the Sim. For example a Sim that was Angry all the time wouldn't live as long as someone who is Happy all the time. But only the Angry and Stressed moods have listed tunable bonus days.

Could these Sims be seeming to live for a very long time because they're in very positive moods every day?

Edit: This seems like it shouldn't be the case because there are no bonus days listed for the Positive moods, unless there is a default value the game uses when no value is listed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 03:04:32 PM »
My active sim who had completed the body builder aspiration lived for a very long time. I lost count after 145 days. So he had a wee accident.... well actually he had a 'wee' accident quite a few times and eventually died of mortification.  ;) Ah well, I had the next gen to get on with.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 03:44:50 PM »
I did get the warning that he was at the end a very long time ago . His younger sister that had the active trait just passed while I was playing this afternoon . When I first started my game this afternoon I checked his stats , he showed that he was asleep 373 times . During this time I did put my game on long twice in order to buy time so that my heir and his wife could have a nooboo as my household was full . Plus , elders do take naps . This number is a bit insane though .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 04:28:36 PM »
Yes, that seems like rather a lot of sleeping!  :o  It's hard to keep track of how long our simmies live because once the age bar goes bubbly there doesn't seem to be a way of telling their age anymore. Least not that I've found. I had thought that my sim was bugged as he seemed to be living for so long but I've read other posts on EA forum so it seems quite normal for an active/ body builder aspiration sim to be very long lived. I had his warning that his age was coming to an end... and it just didn't! He lived a long time after that warning, hence the little accidents. ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.