Author Topic: Bestselling Author Aspiration Change  (Read 10316 times)

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: Bestselling Author Aspiration Change
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 06:13:47 PM »
I'll playtest this shortly and then report it if it's not been reported by that point in time. They will probably fix it fairly quickly, and fortunately I'm only in generation one. Just cross your fingers none of my offspring roll the "wrong" Aspiration.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 12:39:17 PM »
I just tried with about 7 books, doing everything suggested here and rereading all of them. I also queued up read to prevent her getting interrupted. Nothing seems to complete it. When I turned testingcheats on and used aspirations.complete_current_milestone it let me pass that one. Were your testingcheats on, WickedSimmer?

Look at me, editing this page for a bug, then I get to edit it again when the bug is gone. Ugh. This is why I've slowed down somewhat, sorry to say. I don't want 50 pages to edit when the kinks are worked out.

Edit: to be thorough, I also cleared my cache and did this - nothing. It's gone from varying difficulty to completely impossible for some of us.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 12:45:36 PM »
Well its quite hilarious, the aspiration went from difficult to impossible.  :o 

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 12:56:38 PM »
I just tried with about 7 books, doing everything suggested here and rereading all of them. I also queued up read to prevent her getting interrupted. Nothing seems to complete it. When I turned testingcheats on and used aspirations.complete_current_milestone it let me pass that one. Were your testingcheats on, WickedSimmer?

I tried that cheat, and yes, i did have the testingcheats on. Weirdly for me, it stayed at step 1 out of 4, but the step requirement changed for the next step.

Offline bored1

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 01:17:35 PM »
the problem is EA changed the text but not the requirement. I found out on The Sims Forums. so, get writers block and overcome it, task completes. I've done this as have several others.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Writer Aspiration: Read book in Library not popping up
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2014, 02:23:28 PM »
Okay so I'm at the start of trying to fulfill the writer aspiration and it's just not working. One of the goals I have to complete is to "read 1 books at the library" but I have literally read 8 or 9 books from beginning to end at the library and it just isn't registering! I have tried "read...", "read something" and even bringing a book from home to read and none of these are working! Please help because I'd hate for my Founder to not complete her Aspiration and I don't want to change to another...
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: Writer Aspiration: Read book in Library not popping up
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 02:26:01 PM »
This Aspiration changed with the latest patch and the new goal appears to be bugged. People were having too much trouble with "beat writer's block" (which I preferred and had no problems with) and so it was changed to "read one book at the library." It's not registering the change, and if it hasn't been reported yet, needs to be.

ETA: I just reported this bug.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Writer Aspiration: Read book in Library not popping up
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 03:36:09 PM »
I'm merging this with a similar post.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 09:46:28 PM »
the problem is EA changed the text but not the requirement. I found out on The Sims Forums. so, get writers block and overcome it, task completes. I've done this as have several others.

Too funny. I was going to suggest to try bringing a book to the library to read. Both one from a bookshelf, and one ordered and bought online. Pre-patch my sim could completely read a copy of a book that she ordered online, and then read the same book (not re-read) if she then bought a bookshelf and read the books in it.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 08:04:50 PM »
In general, reading any number of books for any aspiration is very difficult. My sims keep putting down the books for what seems like no reason. I also had one sim read a book for about 12 hours and never finish it, and it was NOT a skill book. It seems that book-reading in general is pretty "buggy." I still have managed to complete the aspirations. I just have to read about twice as many books to get the credit for them. I'm sure it will be fixed soon...I hope.