Author Topic: It looks like ghosts are back!  (Read 3949 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
It looks like ghosts are back!
« on: October 01, 2014, 12:45:43 PM »
There is going to be a live broadcast today to make an announcement but in the "Ask a Guru morning chat"

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/779362/ask-a-simguru-morning-chat/p62

SimGuruLyndsay posted this

Ladyliberty1301 wrote: »
    @simguruLyndsay Will we have the option to turn off ghosts or at least have a way to get rid of them?
    Will they apperar in our family like normal living sims do?
    Any new emotions?

You can release or banish ghosts. OR you can bring them back to life with Ambrosia and they will be a normal living sim again.

Now all we have to do is find out WHEN they are coming back.  This might make me want to play more. Hopefully I'll be building a haunted mansion soon.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: It looks like ghosts are back!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 12:47:18 PM »
The patch released today has the ghosts. See my post on the EA announcements board.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 01:04:43 PM »
You beat me to it! ;D

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:10:14 PM »
Unfortunately it seems any existing headstones do not spawn ghosts, in fact they lose their identities entirely. My legacy that has two generations of heir/spouse headstones have all been reset, and now display a line follow by the insciption. Very sad!

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 02:43:56 AM »
Unfortunately it seems any existing headstones do not spawn ghosts, in fact they lose their identities entirely. My legacy that has two generations of heir/spouse headstones have all been reset, and now display a line follow by the insciption. Very sad!

Thats odd. I had a painter who died right before the patch, and i was able to add him back to the household as ghost :-\

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 04:51:06 AM »

That's odd. In the broadcast they said that as long as you still had the tombstone then sims that died before the patch could still become ghosts.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 05:36:42 AM »
I have three tombstones:  two from household members and one from a party guest.  The party guest's ghost has showed up but not the household members'.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 05:39:29 AM »
Just a thought.. had you maybe released their spirits? That would stop them from appearing as ghosts.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline immortalfrieza

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 10:47:25 PM »
Glad to see ghosts are back. Do they still make those annoying sounds all the time when you're playing them?

Sad to see ghost babies aren't an option this time around. Oh well, somebody will probably mod it in before too long.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 01:31:01 AM »
Glad to see ghosts are back. Do they still make those annoying sounds all the time when you're playing them?

Sad to see ghost babies aren't an option this time around. Oh well, somebody will probably mod it in before too long.

They may also add it in at a later date. It seems like some of the more desirable base features are being slowly added into the game to keep us interested.

Offline Marilynzelha

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 08:00:59 PM »
The tombstones eventually release the spirit to the afterworld and lose all the information that was on them. I keep the headstones of my legacy sims on the property and I have several generations and I noticed this early on so I added the important information that I wanted to remember in an epitaph in my newer generations, before that happened again. When the ghosts were added I had six tombstones on my property. Three of them still had the spirit associated with them so I had three ghosts running around right away. I didn't want to play them because that seems to be against the spirit or possibly actually against the rules of the legacy challenge, so I just put up with them for a while. Sometimes my sims could interact with them and sometimes not... but they randomly broke things and scared my sims. The scaring, I would be okay with some... having every toilet and shower in the house repeatedly broken was irritating. So I had a sim go to the tombstone and release the spirits and now the plumbing is functional again.

anything