Author Topic: The Shin Dynasty || 6. When Life Gives You Death, Make Nooboos (Apr 8)  (Read 9542 times)

Offline handicat

• Nooboo
Re: The Shin Dynasty || 3. Barbie and the Beast (Mar 19)
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »
This is such a clever premise for a dynasty. I'm caught up and will be reading.
Just getting caught up with everyone's stories again.. and this is GREAT! I really love the idea of the 7 deadly sins and also instead of calling yourself the 'watcher' you are the Lacky.. really clever and a wonderful new way to write a dynasty. Will keep reading for sure.  ;D

Thanks everyone! :D I thought it would be an interesting concept. I'm excited to see how to the future generations do. I tried to organize it so everyone's traits, careers, aspirations, and skills in some way accent their sin. Example- Gluttony: Chef, Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Master Chef.  Even their walks have some sort of relation too. haha. Both Gen 2 & 3 have walks that go with their names, not that it translates in photos well. I just wish there were more give more traits to them. That's my only compliant about Sims 4. Three just isn't enough. :/

I wonder if Eric is taking over from his father-in-law. I would have prefered You won't be missed on the gravestone  ;D

Who knows....

Offline handicat

• Nooboo
Re: The Shin Dynasty || 4. Parties and Special Meetings (Mar 20)
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 12:08:20 AM »
Chapter 4: Parties and Special Meetings

Now that my cooking skills were up, I decided it might be a good idea to throw a dinner party. And surprise, I'm not surprised....There's a bun in the oven and it's not mine.

After I had finished tossing my speciality garden salad. I had to call everyone to dinner. I'm not sure what playing games and being playful has to do with a dinner party or why it even matters, but the lackey kept dropping notes with all that is require to make this party a 'gold medal' success. But hey, that's what my minions were for. I'm not sure who that is in the hat, but that's certainly an interesting fashion choice, considering it was a semi-formal dinner.

Little Miss Damsel-in-Distress decided she'd eat her salad at the bar so I could have a little chat with her. We weren't really friends only mere acquaintances, and since she was older than I was, she'd more than likely have passed away long before I ever get the chance to eat the eternal ambrosia, but I made a point to try some small talk.

"So Eric's the father?"

Katrina choked down a piece of leafy greens. Pounding her chest to knock it loose. "Uh...How'd ya know?"

"Because there are no such things as fiery senses and a little birdie, I mean, lackey told me."

"I didn't mean, it was just that one time. I mean he saved my life."

"Shhh...your love don't bother me, I just need to know if your child will be of use to me one day. If you're going to apologize to someone it'd be to Alice, but she doesn't have a clue. I have her working to the bone on her handiness skills. I'm trying to break down those planks out at the old park. They're surprisingly tough."

"Oh."

"By the way, you didn't happen to bring any eligible bachelors with you tonight?"

"No, Don stayed home. He had to tone his abs."

"Oh fish and chips." I cursed. This party didn't serve the purpose I wanted. I was hoping my relationships would bring in at least one eligible male. But I guess now I have to go out on my own. 

Eric suggested we visit a house out in Oasis Springs. We made it a small group outing. Olivia tagged along so she could finish her homework, but Vivian and Alice remained home to build skills and tend to the garden. The first person she met at the door was Gavin, and she barely introduced herself before she forced him to plop on the couch with her to teach her how to properly do fractions.

Later on when I asked her why she picked Gavin, she replied that it was the glasses, because he obviously knew what he was doing.

Unsurprisingly, Eric went straight to the back bedroom where Zoe was. Well I guess if Katrina was a sign, I shouldn't be surprised that Eric wanted to try something like this again. I did notice he had a couple notes shoved into his pockets, so I wonder if Lackey has anything to do with his new behavior.

Apparently, he works fast...

That left me with two options. Mitchell and J.

We chatted together for a while. There was a history that's nudging me from my past that tells me I should go for J. But my relationship panel tells me, I'm more friendly towards Mitchell. Did you know you can access your relationship panel with your cell phone? Mind blown!

Unfortunately, I guess we were too friendly and things became awkward quickly when I tried to flirt the first time. I'm not sure how Eric did it so quickly, perhaps I should take some lessons from him. But I'm not giving up. So I scheduled a meet up with Mitchell tomorrow. And I was going to come prepared. Perhaps I'll try on a couple outfits beforehand.

But for now, I guess this is goodnight.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 03:26:13 PM »
Olivia is going to have some cute brothers and sisters soon  :)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2015, 10:54:02 PM »
Go Gavin and Zoe!! Good luck with Mitchell.. hate it when you get into that 'friend' zone  :-[

Offline handicat

• Nooboo
Re: The Shin Dynasty || 5. Happy Days
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »
The following day I made a phone call and set up a special meeting at the museum. 1, I was inspired to do so (mostly by my kitchen) and 2, Early morning dates didn't bode so well at a bar. What I didn't realize was how popular it was going to be at the museum that day. Don't these sims work?

Lucky for me though, it was easy to pick out my special date. After all, who else wears a bright teal shirt around town?

I greeted Mitch enthusiastically. My inspired mood gradually wore away and that really steamy shower I took this morning started to kick in.

Because my cell allowed me access to our relationship panel, I knew we were best friends. The issue now was building to the romance aspect. So I tried offering him a rose, and he accepted gleefully. So we were close enough that I was able to try this.

And it went so well...

And...

Nothing says romantic like an audience. But I don't mind, I enjoy the kissing aspect of the date and I'm glad it kept coming in as a requirement.

Shortly after I reached gold, I decided to try something else.

Success. And like any bro, we celebrated with a hip bump!

So I got Mitch to go ahead and move in with me. That way he could get started on learning some trades. He didn't come alone though, so our little home was getting pretty full.

Unfortunately though, as Vivian was showing Mitch the ropes around the garden. Another visitor decided to drop in.

Apparently Mitch was unaffected by the happenings because he just carried on with the weeding like he was instructed by Vivian.

And with that our little home of 7 dropped down to 6, for the last time in a very long time.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Shin Dynasty || 5. Happy Days (Apr 7)
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 04:03:58 AM »
Aw, so cute seeing Mitch and Gluttony. Poor Viv, at least it saves rooms for nooboos, lol.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline SFL

• SFL= Sims+For+Life
  • Townie
Re: The Shin Dynasty || 5. Happy Days (Apr 7)
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 09:37:39 AM »
 Bye-bye Viv... and hurray for Mitch and Gluttony!
Cake + Sims=Amazing

It is no joke that eating cake and playing sims is true awesomeness.
Stories:
Summers Legacy *Ongoing*
The Starlivs Return *Ongoing*
Starliv Immortal Dynasty *Graveyard*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline handicat

• Nooboo
Re: The Shin Dynasty || 6. When Life Gives You Death, Make Nooboos (Apr 8)
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2015, 11:36:51 AM »
Chapter 6: When Life Gives You Death, Make Nooboos

Despite all the recent deaths in the household, it was time for a change of pace. (Though with 6 young adults in the family, it was highly unlikely that any of them will die anytime soon, knock on wood.)

With my recent engagement, it was time to aim for golden party numero tres. It was time for my work week to begin again. And boy am I not looking forwards to it. I'm almost on the chef track, but its a slow going process. And all I want to do is stay home and cuddle with my Mitch-a-roo.

But he decided to use my absence to better himself.

So I figured I'd try the same. I took the following day off work, planning semi-effectively for the coming days. Mitch was surprised we were going to get married so soon. But he was completely thrilled at the idea.

I got to thinking. Which was a bad thing, it drove me to the bar.

Do I really want to do this? We will be together as long as he is around, but what about me? I will live for another 7 generations past his expiration. What will I do without him?

Then I realized it wasn't about being alone. It was about enjoying all the moments we have together now. Building a life together and when the time does come, not to regret a single day together.

A smile crawled across my face at the thought. Mitch doesn't have to know about my second thoughts. If he or anyone asks, I'll tell them it was merely a bad drink.

Soon it was time, Mitch and I dressed in our Sunday best. There was no point going out to buy a new wedding dress. We needed to save all the simoleons we could to pay off all the bills, and the wedding itself was no cheap endeavor.

Then it was the wait. Waiting for the guests to arrive. Waiting for them to take their seats. Seriously, when did weddings flips around. Weren't the guests and the groom supposed to wait on the bride?

But no complaints from here. While we waited, Mitch and I flirted like the young lovers we still were.

Soon it was time to exchange our vows.

"Gluttony, you are the apple of my pie. You are the cream to my coffee. You are my everything, without you I am incomplete."

"Mitchell, from this point and for the next seven gens to come, I am yours and you are mine. Together we will overcome any challenges together. And when death finally plucks you from my loving embrace, I will never love another as I have loved you. You are my world Mitchell Kalhani."

I pronounce you husband and wife.

The words scrolled across the sky attached to the back of a plane. The lackey is getting more and more clever.

Mitch and I hung around the party long enough to achieve gold before we both retired to the bedroom. Where ...

Woohoo. I'm pregnant.

I eagerly told Mitch the good news, and he was positively elated.

After which, we decided to commemorate with a stinky selfie.

So the big question now is, who will be the next generation?

Offline SFL

• SFL= Sims+For+Life
  • Townie
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2015, 01:22:23 PM »
Can't wait!  :D
  And the title-so true.
Cake + Sims=Amazing

It is no joke that eating cake and playing sims is true awesomeness.
Stories:
Summers Legacy *Ongoing*
The Starlivs Return *Ongoing*
Starliv Immortal Dynasty *Graveyard*

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 11:47:58 PM »
Ohh I love this story and the way you're telling it.

Congrats on expecting a nooboo :)
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2015, 05:01:57 AM »
I nearly died when I saw poor Summer woohooing with elder kim omg! lol. Lovely wedding and even better stinky selfie.  ;D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 11:22:02 PM »
Go the stinky selfie shot! Congrats on the wedding, Mitchell is a great choice  ;D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2015, 09:54:42 PM »
Your founder is so pretty!  She looks fabulous in the wedding shots!

Awww, poor Dennis Kim. He's not completely useless, though. Buy him a Vol. 2 Gardening book asap to boost him to Level 5 Gardening, and he can start taking cuttings and grafting from Day 1 or 2. 

Looking forward to meeting the rest of your deadly sins!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2015, 07:16:01 AM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.  @handicat - you can revive this story by contacting a moderator.

Original Storyboard:  Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Stories