Author Topic: Trouble finding Space Rocks  (Read 8149 times)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
Trouble finding Space Rocks
« on: September 08, 2014, 07:02:58 AM »
OK, my Sim is in the astronaut career and he has his own rocket ship.  The problem is, whenever I explore space, I can't seem to find any space rocks. What is the correct choices I must make to get them?

Thanks!

:-\

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Trouble finding Space Rocks
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 07:20:38 AM »
I just kept trying, the options I choose in the popup box doesn't seem to matter.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 07:26:47 AM »
I've collected all 4 and I'm pretty sure there are correct choices to get them but I didn't write any down. I've gotten repeats of some of them from repeating the steps in an opportunity when it pops up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 07:52:44 AM »
I've collected all 4 and I'm pretty sure there are correct choices to get them but I didn't write any down. I've gotten repeats of some of them from repeating the steps in an opportunity when it pops up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, so you can't remember what are the correct choices to choose to get those space rocks?

:-\

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 09:06:22 AM »
OK, I finally found 3 space rocks to advance my career as an alien good trader. There is one option where you do a geological search and you would find a space rock. I can't remember the other option.

If someone has the knowledge to find these space rocks, they can post the tips here for the benefit of other simmers.

Thanks!

:)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 03:50:04 PM »
I got the really large space rock after I had upgraded the hold of the rocket which is one of the options you get after you start leveling through the Rocket Science skills. Can't help with exactly what txt adventures got what though as I just did as many a day as my sim could handle and I didn't write down the results  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline kanzaki

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 03:50:59 PM »
We can't really tell you which choices because the missions depend on different things, like your mood, rocket science skill and upgrades.

Except for your work requirements, it's not worth exploring until you complete all the upgrades which should also max your rocket science skill.

The geographical/biological choice will give a rock or an alien respectively, but without the correct upgrades you may not get it back home.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 10:17:26 AM »
I got most of my space rocks from a mission that was to explore a derelict space station.  It gives you the option to go to a biology or geology lab, then whether or not to go or stay when the station starts shaking.  I had a fully upgraded rocket, I chose geology and stay and got two rocks for it.  I've had that mission three times now, but it didn't pop up until my rocket was done with the upgrades.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 10:17:39 PM »
There's also one mission where you hear noises, go investigate and eventually, (after going through the various choice steps), you find a teen age stowaway.  You get a choice to joy ride and something else.  I chose joy ride and after it was over the game sent me and the stowaway home where a grateful parent gave me a space rock and cash as a reward.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 09:24:11 AM »
There are a few others I can think of that usually or always give space rocks if you make the right choices.

There's one where you're given a choice to land on an alien planet in the forest or ruins.  If you choose ruins, and choose to take the treasure, you can get space rocks.  If you choose the forest for this one, you can end up with either a live or dead alien.

Another one is where you're given the choice of whether to enter a race.  You may need to have your rocket upgraded for speed for this one.  If you choose to join the race, and choose to go all out on it rather than holding back, you will get a space rock as a prize.

A third one where you will earn a space rock is if you find a map leading to a planet marked with an X.  Whether you choose to land on the planet or not, you will end up landing on it and finding a tree that you can enter.  If you choose not to enter the tree, you will be given a space rock as you leave.

There is a fourth one where you end up with time reversed.  Choose navigated a wreck when given the first choice.  Make sure to remember all your choices and choose the same ones again once time gets set forward again.  I've always chosen the option to warp subspace rather than do something with the hyperdrive, but I'm not sure whether that matters.  The important choice to get the space rock here is that you should do a salvage mission rather than scan for signs of life.

Edit:  I thought of a few more.  There's a mission where an alien is tossing rocks at the sun and laughing.  If you talk to him about it, he apologizes and gives you a space rock.

Another one is one where you think you are abducted by aliens, and they appear to be testing you.  Choose the following:  put ball in the round hole, wear the hat, sit next to the chair, and grab the jewels.

There's also a mission where you find astronauts throwing freeze dried ice cream or something at each other, and you figure they must have space madness.  You should choose to confiscate weapons, and you may end up with a space rock.

I'll write more if I think of any others that reliably give space rocks.

anything