Author Topic: Getting sim disks into computers with no disk drives  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Getting sim disks into computers with no disk drives
« on: September 25, 2014, 10:38:18 PM »
My issue is here is kind of complex. I run sims 3 on a really old mac which is going to die soon. I'm getting a new mac that doesn't have a disk drive. (I do not want people telling me to get a different computer, I understand it won't run perfectly, etc.)

I have most of my games from Origin, and they are digital versions. However my base game and my ambitions pack are both from disks, and I really don't want to buy new copies. Is there any way to get these expansion packs into origin so I don't have to buy new copies?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Getting sim disks into computers with no disk drives
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 11:32:53 PM »
Have you pehaps looked at an external disc drive?
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Getting sim disks into computers with no disk drives
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 12:03:26 AM »
Hi Lisa,

If I am correct, all you would need to do if you haven't already, is register your base game, and Ambitions with http://thesims3.com. And then your games should be able to be downloaded via Origin, the same as your digital Sims 3 games.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything