Author Topic: Walls up, down or half?  (Read 12405 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Walls up, down or half?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 08:43:04 AM »
I usually play with walls half way.  I love to see the walls behind my sim.  Upstairs in sims4, I found, jumps around a lot, so if I put the walls all of the way down and position the camera more or less straight on, it does not jump as much.  In all of my games though, I usually have them half.  Again, depends on the play.  I also noticed in sims4, when walls are half, the doors, like the bathroom stay where you can see them. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 09:38:23 AM »
I play with them at half as well, unless I need to put it up to full for a screenshot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 02:54:04 PM »
When the house is spacious, I play with walls up. In TS3, I often do this since we can tilt the camera such that you see your sims from above. I often do like 75-85 angles with respect to the ground level. Or I zoom to the sims and see what they're doing up close and personal. Walls up is especially useful when I go on adventures. Easier for me to spot hidden places. I love world adventures from among all the other expansions.

But when I'm just skilling or doing mostly routine things that I speed up, it's either walls down or walls up.

Offline snackrafice

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 03:20:01 PM »
Half walls, ftw! However when I am taking screenshots in-game I put the walls up all the way so the picture looks more realistic.

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 05:02:59 PM »
When the house is spacious, I play with walls up. In TS3, I often do this since we can tilt the camera such that you see your sims from above. I often do like 75-85 angles with respect to the ground level. Or I zoom to the sims and see what they're doing up close and personal. Walls up is especially useful when I go on adventures. Easier for me to spot hidden places. I love world adventures from among all the other expansions.

But when I'm just skilling or doing mostly routine things that I speed up, it's either walls down or walls up.

You can tilt the camera in TS4 too, just by switching camera controls (under options) to The Sims 3 camera, if you prefer.

Good point about the spacious house, though. Most of my houses aren't very spacious, but I imagine if I did have an extremely spacious house I would be more likely to do walls up regularly
Hi!

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 09:55:35 PM »
I also might try the overly spacious house idea for another go at walls up, I like the idea but it rarely works in practice.

Also, it would be interesting if the walls in front of your view (ie not the cutaway half walls) but the ones that would be down in that scenario were see-through until you changed position, and then different walls became see through etc

Offline ChowFatt

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 11:36:53 PM »

Good point about walls up for World Adventures. I have walls up when I am exploring in World Adventures as well. In fact, I had all kinds of problems finding secret doors and passages on adventures until it clicked that I should put full walls up. I had played so long with TS1 and TS2 that I never even gave full walls a second thought.

I also like the idea of leaving them up for a bigger, more spacious house. I have not tried that really, and it sounds like a good idea.

Good points!
PC-Load Letter! What the...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 02:55:57 AM »
I always have the walls down so I can see what my Sims are doing. If I put half-walls or walls up they get away with too many things I don't want them to do! lol

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 03:35:04 AM »
All 3 as needed.  Mostly half but there are those times.....
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2014, 09:59:02 PM »
All 3 as needed.  Mostly half but there are those times.....

There are days when I love seeing my sims through the windows outside (and walls up). Stalker much? Haha. But it is interesting to watch their activities like as if you're not the one guiding them. Most often, when there is no pressing activity they need to do for a job, I let them do what they prefer for long periods of time. My current sim has the tendency to dance all day though!

Offline lunchbox2042

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 10:11:10 PM »
Half down unless I'm trying to take certain screenshots or placing something on a wall.

Offline hkmaja

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 06:15:19 AM »
I've always played half down - that way I can see what's going on, but still get a sense of the room space. :) But yes, I put them up for screenshots for realism.

Offline simsonata

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 08:51:30 AM »
Cutaway. Having them up obstructs too much and down makes me feel they're not in a house at all but a giant hopscotch game.

Offline ikbod

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 04:58:51 PM »
Always play with half walls, unless I'm decorating, or taking photos

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2014, 06:38:39 PM »
I always play with walls half way unless I'm taking screenshots then I would put them up .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio