Author Topic: Bought a 2nd home for the lot space - PROBLEM  (Read 3369 times)

xx_amis

Bought a 2nd home for the lot space - PROBLEM
« on: September 14, 2014, 09:49:00 PM »
I started with a one bedroom, one bathroom home and built onto it a second room for my daycare business. After reaching Level 5 in the profession I thought it would be fun to have an adopted son so I built another bedroom and bathroom for him. Now my lot is full because of how the driveway was set up originally (big front lawn and such) but I really wanted to give my son some room to play and have fun. So I cheated and go some money then evicted the family next door and bought their house. I tore it all down and filled the space with a bunch of "Outdoor Activities" objects (had to do it all with the shift click "Build/Buy on This Lot cheat") but afterwards I realized I couldn't visit it without a cheat. When I click on the area it says "Visit (household name)/ Visit (household name) with..." but after I click a selection my Sims do that thing where they're frustrated because they can't walk, with a door picture in their thought bubbles. I think this means they can't go there because there is no household to visit, so what should I do? Right now I'm just using the shift click teleport cheat method but I was thinking about creating a wall around the whole lot so that I can set up a door or two to visit with. I wanted to ask if this would work before I did it though because I already have a fence around it all and there's no quick way to tear it down. I also can't seem to put a gate in the fence so any tips on that are welcomed too.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Bought a 2nd home for the lot space - PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 09:50:52 PM »
Go to Edit Town, click that playground lot, and set it to Community, not Residential.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

xx_amis

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 10:09:31 PM »
Go to Edit Town, click that playground lot, and set it to Community, not Residential.
Thanks so much!! After that selection I see a dropdown menu to choose what kind of Community Lot it is. I want it to be for my Sims and anyone I'd want them to play and hangout with, but I don't want any other Sims to be able to go there on their own. Would that be considered No Visitors Allowed or Visitors Allowed?

xx_amis

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 01:05:31 AM »
It actually didn't work after all :/ So I'll just stick to transporting!

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 10:25:28 AM »
I would probably put a tiny out building with a toilet (or all-in-one) in it.  Then you'd have a door as well as the convenience of not having to go home for that while playing.  You could also put a little building with stairs down to a basement; in the basement, you could put convenience items to avoid having to go home for everything.

I've often had second properties, but none that I removed the house from.  I think I had an island once, and I could just zoom in, click on the ground, and tell them to "go here" (but that was ages ago, so I may not be remembering right).  In my current game, I have a teleporter (bought with LTR) on my main property and one on the second property.  I can click on the ground at the second property and tell them to teleport over without any cheats involved.

As for deleting fencing quickly (you mentioned there's no quick way), I always just click the fencing like to add but then hold down the Ctrl key as I drag ... it deletes it as quickly as it is installed.  You can also use the sledgehammer with click and drag to delete everything in the area you drag over, but that's not a good solution when you have stuff around your fences.

xx_amis

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 01:42:08 AM »
I would probably put a tiny out building with a toilet (or all-in-one) in it.  Then you'd have a door as well as the convenience of not having to go home for that while playing.  You could also put a little building with stairs down to a basement; in the basement, you could put convenience items to avoid having to go home for everything.

I've often had second properties, but none that I removed the house from.  I think I had an island once, and I could just zoom in, click on the ground, and tell them to "go here" (but that was ages ago, so I may not be remembering right).  In my current game, I have a teleporter (bought with LTR) on my main property and one on the second property.  I can click on the ground at the second property and tell them to teleport over without any cheats involved.

As for deleting fencing quickly (you mentioned there's no quick way), I always just click the fencing like to add but then hold down the Ctrl key as I drag ... it deletes it as quickly as it is installed.  You can also use the sledgehammer with click and drag to delete everything in the area you drag over, but that's not a good solution when you have stuff around your fences.

Thanks a lot! I had posted this somewhere else too and was told that I put the fence too close to the sidewalk/perimeter and that's why I wasn't able to put a gate, which is what would be needed as an entry way to visit through. It works now but I do also like the idea of having a bathroom on the lot so I won't have to go home :)