Author Topic: Sim stuck at work - Solved  (Read 3862 times)

Dellena

Sim stuck at work - Solved
« on: September 27, 2014, 12:17:38 PM »
I have a sim couple.  She's an artist and he's in the astronaut career.  The last time he went to work, when it was time for him to return home, I could hear him outside the house but couldn't see him.  Also, his portrait said he was still at work.  I tried to click on him and have him come home early, hoping that would fix it.  But it didn't.  I then went into manage worlds, went into build mode on another lot, came out and clicked on my household to play it again.  Now his portrait still said he was at work but he was showing at home and was eating.  I could click on him and queue things for him to do but I couldn't see his needs, or anything like that as the game still thought he was at work.  So I tried resetting him.  That didn't work.

Here's what fixed it.  I had him travel, along with his fiance, to the gym and when they got there, he was fixed AND his promotion to level 4 Astronaut appeared.

Thought I'd share the fix in case it happened to anyone else.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Sim stuck at work - Solved
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 12:25:21 PM »
Dellena when a Sim is at work if you have another household member traveled elsewhere, you can click on the little, white, icons of the greyed out person and you'll get a menu of options including "bring (fill in name), here".  I wonder if that would also work to bring the sim home and visible.  I haven't had a Sim stuck anywhere so don't know if using the icons would work.  There is also a choice of "switch control to (fill in name), and that might make it possible to have your Sim unstuck.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

Re: Sim stuck at work - Solved
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 01:37:52 PM »
While he was marked as at work, he only had the 'at work' options available when I clicked on him.  So couldn't switch control to him.  As long as he was showing as 'at work' I couldn't get the other options.

anything