Author Topic: Bed / Room Assignment  (Read 22349 times)

Offline SgtShaf

• Nooboo
Bed / Room Assignment
« on: September 04, 2014, 11:45:12 AM »
Is it possible to make it so your Sims are assigned specific rooms like in Sims 3?
A friend told me a Sim will use the closest bed when they get tired.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
Re: Bed / Room Assignment
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 11:56:17 AM »
It does not appear so.
- Jessica

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 10:08:20 PM »
I think the Sims may remember their bed preference after you send them the first time. Mine consistently go to the same bed, regardless of which one is closer.

Offline SgtShaf

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 11:25:16 AM »
Oh that's awesome! I'll have to test that out. That is cool if they retain memories like that! Thanks for the advice!

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 12:07:04 PM »
I was looking for this thread as I remembered I'd saw something similar.

Mine sleep anywhere! It drives me nuts. Just now the son was sleeping in bed with the mother and he and his girlfriend woohoo'ed in his sisters bed - amusing yes, but it's frustrating me no end.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 12:13:19 PM »
Mine seem to go to the ones that I tell them to regularly sleep in but I think if they are tired enough aka ready to fall over, they will go to the nearest bed. One of my Sims just collapsed with his head on the floor and his butt in the air and slept in that awkward position for at least ten minutes, it was pretty hilarious.

Offline wearestarrdust

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 12:16:43 PM »
mmhmm energy failure, my sims do that fairly regularly. To be honest it just seems to be this one sim that wants to be everywhere...I can't say I've noticed it overwhelmingly on my other sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 04:06:49 PM »
My sims all autonomously used the beds that I first put them to sleep in until I switched households. After I switched back to play them again I had to micro-manage every night which bed I wanted them to sleep in. Quite awkward as it was two male flatmates and a girlfriend of one of them.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 04:21:55 PM »
So I say that they have been sleeping in the same bed since I started playing them and they slept in a different bed in the guest bedroom. Weeeeird. It was kind of random. I went to have Luca go to sleep in the master bedroom cause Tobey was asleep, realized he wasn't in bed, and went, where the heck is he sleeping? In the guest bedroom! The bed must have looked more comfortable? Who knows! lol Since then he has gone  back to the main bed.. Maybe Luca and Tobey are having marital issues I don't know about!

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
I told my Sims to sleep in certain rooms, but none of them listen. I built seven seperate bedrooms for each of them and on the first day told them to sleep in their respective beds, but nope, now they just sleep wherever they want, I guess. Sometimes they'll just go and nap on the couch, which annoys me too. Is it really that hard to make the walk upstairs and get into a bed? Sigh.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 12:32:34 AM »
My sims always seem to sleep in the same bed unless their in the red when I tell them to go to bed then they typically nab the closest bed and forget everything else. Then I typically find I have to direct that sim to their bed once again and then they always automatically go back to their bed again.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 04:02:48 AM »
My sims always seem to sleep in the same bed unless their in the red when I tell them to go to bed then they typically nab the closest bed and forget everything else. Then I typically find I have to direct that sim to their bed once again and then they always automatically go back to their bed again.

I am pretty sure that day that Tobey slept in the guest bed he was in the red. So he must have just gone up there and crashed because it was within closer walking distance than the other. Which is true.

anything