Author Topic: Barnacle Bay not installing  (Read 8989 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
Barnacle Bay not installing
« on: March 10, 2011, 05:12:21 PM »
I bought a digital download of Barnacle Bay and it's not in my purchase history in The Sims 3 store. When I go to the page for Barnacle bay it says buy now. I have tried to redeem the code but it says it's already been used. Thanks for helping ;D
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Barnacle Bay not installing
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 05:41:53 PM »
This sounds more like a job for EA technical support, to be honest.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 06:18:15 PM »
This sounds more like a job for EA technical support, to be honest.

That's what I thought to so i called them. EA said to put the code in the ea download manager which didn't work, I would have thought that it was for games only. But I did everything that the paper inside the case said. It's like I didn't put anything in. Because most of the time when you buy something from the store it says download after you buy it. When I go to the Barnacle Bay page in the store it says buy now. ???
We are of peace, always.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:25:17 PM »
You'll just have to keep talking to EA until they get it worked out for you.  Sorry we can't help.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »
Oh OK well when i figure it out maybe I can tell everyone, so if another person has the same problem it'll help them lol. ;D
We are of peace, always.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 10:23:41 PM »
You should contact Tears of Jade in this forum. She's new, but she bought Barnacle Bay last night. She had the same issue all day today. We know each other in real life so noo I'm not that much of a creeper.  :-* Just kidding! Anywho onto the question. She had the same issue all day today. I tried to get her to post on here about it but for some reason I can see she never did. I don't know if she's found a solution yet but search her out. She is writing a legacy called the Boddenn Legacy.

Offline Tears of Jade

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 10:31:20 PM »
My problem is similar, but mine shows up in purchase history and in my downloads, but when I install it (and it says it successfully installs) it never shows up in the game. Then when I go back it doesn't show up in the installed items, just in downloads. As for the game not showing up in your purchase history, as Pam said unfortunately that's more of something EA will have to fix. Sounds like they may have to either reset your code or issue you another code so that it will work properly. Again, though, that's not something we can help with, though we'd like to :) I really hope you get the issues resolved! Good luck and keep us posted.  

EDIT: You said you typed in the code, correct? Did you happen to refresh or leave the page before you clicked the download button?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 11:23:58 AM »
My problem is similar, but mine shows up in purchase history and in my downloads, but when I install it (and it says it successfully installs) it never shows up in the game. Then when I go back it doesn't show up in the installed items, just in downloads. As for the game not showing up in your purchase history, as Pam said unfortunately that's more of something EA will have to fix. Sounds like they may have to either reset your code or issue you another code so that it will work properly. Again, though, that's not something we can help with, though we'd like to :) I really hope you get the issues resolved! Good luck and keep us posted.  

EDIT: You said you typed in the code, correct? Did you happen to refresh or leave the page before you clicked the download button?

Oh yeah i typed the right code, it was in the case. I typed it in and hit accept, but it was acting like it was never going to continue, so I went back and try to type it again and it said it had already been used. So I'll probably have to get another code lol. By the way anyone know what the help chat for The Sims is? It's a site just don't remember the address. ;D
We are of peace, always.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 12:01:27 PM »
To get to live chat with EA go to support.ea.com/chat.  You will need to login, click on contact us, put in the proper information, then choose the live chat option.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 12:07:26 PM »
By the way anyone know what the help chat for The Sims is?

I don't honestly have a lot of faith in the live chat option.  I think your best bet would be to just send an e-mail support form.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 06:50:07 PM »
I don't honestly have a lot of faith in the live chat option.  I think your best bet would be to just send an e-mail support form.

Actually, we've tried that very frustrating route in the past.  Finally, hubby telephoned them, and while it took awhile, he got immediate response once he actually reached a person.  It was a similar issue where I had bought something, my money went but didn't get the item.  They fixed it so I got the item but it sure would have been nice to here a "sorry" somewhere.  Guess I should just be happy it got taken care of.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 09:51:32 PM »
Never thought of telephoning them.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 06:24:03 PM »
Woohoo I have it now, talked to a EA tech person and they helped me out.
We are of peace, always.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 08:18:19 PM »
Well, I'm glad it worked out for somebody.  ;)

Offline steelrose65

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 02:23:07 AM »
I had a similar problem with the download of Barnacle Bay.  It showed it was in my purchase history but it would not let me download it, it kept wanting to update my browser (Mozilla Firefox).  And then nothing!  I finally, after hours of messing with this, figured out how to download it.  I had to actually load the game and into the family I was playing.  In the bottom left hand corner, click on the options button or hit F5 while in the game and then click on "Open Downloads Dashboard".  It should bring up the game there and you click on "Install now".  Kind of a strange place to install it but it worked. 

anything